Chapter 1 Trent

An ocean of blue flowed around the dance floor. The music was booming, and laughter filled the air, but there was a sense of suspense, like something was about to happen.

I tried to enjoy this rare moment of relaxing and actually having fun. It was the first time in so long. Everyone is living in fear of the Secret Association. No one knows who they are, what they look like or where they'll strike next. All they know is they are after people that are a threat, people like me. I was on full alert tonight.

There were beautiful girls surrounding me. Their dresses twisted to the ground, a waterfall hugging their legs. I could've had any one, but I didn't want to, or I shouldn't. I didn't want to put another person in danger, like I have before.

Girls frequently came up to me, trying to flirt. But I had to resist, no matter how hard. It was for the better. I wondered how long it has to be like this, living each day in fear and living a life I never wanted.

I used to be a part of them, the Association, but it was so wrong, I couldn't stand myself. I left, but I knew too much, I am a threat to them and they want me. No one else at this party knows my secret. In fact no one does, except her, the girl that inspired me to be better. She didn't say anything, she didn't have to. When I was almost forced to kill her, her pleading coffee eyes stopped me. I couldn't bring myself to do it, or anything else to do with this Association ever again.

That's why I had to leave, and that's why she hates me. I hate me. Though I couldn't hurt her myself, but I let others hurt her, brainwash her, turn her into a killing soldier for all I know. I haven't seen her since. Who knows what sort of monster they have made out of her. Maybe she would've been better off dead.

All these events have led me to this party. The party that could change my life for the better or worse. Here I would meet Blake, a government official. I could change our society; I could expose the Secret Association and stop them from hurting any more people.

"Hello Trent, enjoying the party?" Blake tried to act natural.

"Yeah its great." I said as I slipped a piece of paper in his hand, the piece of paper containing all their secrets. As I watched him open the note, I realized he looked quite conspicuous, for someone trained to stay under cover. Maybe it was just me who noticed it, but he reminded me of the people I encountered at the Secret Association. Something was off.

He slowly glanced up at me, an expressionless face.

"How dare you." - the last words I heard before I was lying on the dance floor. My head throbbed as the music pounded.

Running footsteps, a girls scream, cry's of pain and the sound of punches. That was all I remember, falling in and out of consciousness. I managed to open my eyes and I saw her face. Yasmin. She was lying next to me eyes shut, face against the cold hard concrete. What was she doing here? Had they caught her too? I blacked out again.

I could feel myself being dragged, but I couldn't see, my head must be covered. I could feel my hands tied too. My head was pounding and fuzzy, like a hangover.