Chapter 3: Trent

I tried to open my eyes and pain struck me. It was dark, or was that my mind playing tricks on me? It took me a while to process what was going on. My hands were tied behind me. Tied to someone else. Someone with soft, delicate hands. We were moving. We were in a van. My eyes were blindfolded. What on earth was I going to do?

I heard a raspy gasp behind me. Then tears of hysteria. Why would they take one of the girls from the party? What use would she be to them?

"Shhh shut up, shut up." I tried to calm her, but it didn't come across very comforting. I hadn't had much experience with this sort of stuff.

"Um, where are we?" her delicate voice sounded afraid and vulnerable, recognised it almost.

"I don't know just.. Just be quiet ok? I will get us out of here." I murmured trying to calm her.

"Can't believe I'm here, stuck with you ." she whispered, frustration in her voice.

"Wa.. What do you mean? You know me?"

"Of course I do. You don't remember me? I guess you wouldn't, considering how many people like me y...you..."

I interrupted her. "Listen, I don't know who you are, where we are, or who they are. Just forget about anything else so we can try to get out of this."

"This is your fault. I'm going to die, because of you." she strained, struggling to speak.

"They're not going to kill you, or me. Trust me." I could be certain about this.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Just trust me." I wasn't sure how much information I should give her, just yet.

Silence filled the air. A stream of ideas ran through my brain as I desperately tried to think of a solution. Yasmin sobbed quietly. I could sense her fear. I was scared too. I knew what the association was capable of.

Muttering came from in front of me. Was someone else here? I listened carefully.

"Do you think he'll really want the girl?" voices spoke, I think they were driving the van.

"Hell yeah! Have you seen her results? Her ability is crazy! She'll be such an asset to us."

"I don't know, she seems pretty weak to me." another, more harsh voice spoke.

"After a week with us, she'll be indestructible."

What were they planning? Whatever it was it wasn't going to be good. I needed to get us out of this mess.

What are they talking about?" Yasmin whispered, her voice wobbled. I realised I had to protect her, save her. It was the least I could do.

"I don't know. The only thing I do know is we have to escape."