You did what?

Cygnus grinned and cheered for Ginny, the twins younger sister. Swinging by their table before leaving, she ruffled the twins hair and then froze.

"Where's Ron?"

Followed by an immediate "Where's Harry?"

She didn't wait up for an answer and instead approached Minerva McGonnogal.

She catches the professor's eye, and Minerva has straightened by the time she reaches the table.

"They are safe, miss Black. You will find them in the Gryffindor common room after the feast." The Gryffindor head of house informs her, not even waiting to hear the question.

Cygnus nods, thanking the professor before returning to the Gryffindor table.

"You alright?" George asks, Fred moves over so the small girl can drop in between them.

"How do you lot even notice your brother is missing?" Lee asks.

"Bugger off, do you know how many brothers we have?" Fred retaliates.

She stares at him for a moment before hitting him.

"Ow!" He cries, massaging his arm.

"You really are something, aren't you, Fred." She scoffs. "Now hurry up, they're waiting in your common room."

"Aye aye captain," Fred mocks. "Whatever you say captain."

Cygnus beholds him fir a moment before furrowing her brow. "I'm sorry you don't seem to care about your brother, for the record, that's pathetic. And Harry! With all that he's been through! you weren't worried for a moment-"

"Since when did you become their mother?" George asks, confused.

Cygnus turns to him sharply, "Don't you start George."

"Last I checked, Ron's already got one." He offers.

"You're awful." Cygnus gasps as she stands angrily. "Last I checked they were both absent from the feast, much like your sense, or seems. Harry hasn't got a mother nor a father nor anyone who loves him."

"Oi! What are you calling us then?" Fred argues, standing to challenge her.

"I'm calling the two of you the poorest excuse for brothers I've ever had the displeasure of knowing. Now I'm off to the Common room to check on Ron and Harry— Percy? What's the password?"

The elder Weasely goes scarlett and stammers out the phrase, wiping spilled pumpkin juice from the front of his robes.

"Thank you." She nods, smiling. Cygnus throws a nasty glare at the twins before exiting the great hall.

George and Fred share a look and then look at their fellow housemates for answers.

"Don't look at me." Lee says, holding his hands in surrender.

"You idiots, go after her!" Ginny says, making those close to them erupt with laughter.

"Go!" Oliver Wood urges them, chucking biscuits at the pair.

-

"Well hello dear." The portrait greets Cygnus, smiling until she sees the girl's tears. "What's happened?"

"Boys." Cygnus huffs, laughing through her tears. "Bowtruckle twigs."

"Well I do hope you feel better dear."

"Thank you, lady." Cygnus nods before climbing through the portrait hole.

Two heads left from the couch, and she sobs when she sees them.