Snape gets a Howler

Severus had just emerged from showering that night when a red envelope flew from his fireplace and smacked him in the nose.

Cursing in pain, he glared at it before realising it was a howler. And he started when he saw it bore the Malfoy family crest.

He snatched his wand and had just enough time to cast a silencing charm on the room before the howler exploded.

SEVERUS SNAPE! HOW DARE YOU SAY THOSE THINGS TO CYGNUS! HOW DARE YOU! JUST AS USELESS AS HER FATHER WAS? SEVERUS HER FATHER WAS REGULUS. YOUR BEST FRIEND! ABOVE THE RULES?? SHE WAS TRYING TO FINISH THE ASSIGNMENT YOU GAVE HER. YOU ACCUSE HER OF SHAMING THE SLYTHERIN NAME? HAVE YOU LOOKED AT YOURSELF IN A MIRROR, SEVERUS? YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO ACCUSE HER OF DISGRACING THE NAME OF THE NOBLE HOUSE OF BLACK! HOW DARE YOU! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY THOSE THINGS TO HER. HER FAMILY HAS BEEN SLYTHERIN SINCE THE HOUSE WAS CREATED, SHE BELONGS THERE MORE THAN YOU DO! YOU TOLD HER SHE DESERVED TO DIE! I SWEAR TO MERLIN AND I SWEAR TO THE DARK LORD, SEVERUS, IF YOU BROKE MY DARLING GIRL, IF I HEAR OF ANY MORE CHILDISH BULLYING, I WILL TEAR OUT YOUR EYES AND SHOVE THEM DOWN YOUR THROAT SO YOU CAN WATCH AS I TEAR OUT YOUR HEART AND THEN LET THE DAMN RATS GNAW AT YOU UNTIL YOU DIE!

Narcissa's bellowing echoed in his chambers, and Severus's face fell as he realised what damage he had done. The girl was not the spawn of that damn Sirius Black, as he had assumed. She was the daughter of Regulus. Kind and gentle Regulus. His former best friend, until he betrayed the darklord and got himself killed.

He groaned when he realised that he told her she deserved to rot with her father, Narcissa was right, he did tell her she deserved to die.