໒ཏศ♇₮ཛཞ 10.e ~ omake

Start from the beginning

Adam hung his head, "yes mother." He quickly turned and walked away, holding his head up high, as his mother would want. No need to anger her after upsetting her too.

His footsteps echoed in the vast halls, the guards all on point, stiff, and unpleasant to talk to. Adam rubbed his eyes, sleep was weighing them down. Adam wasn't even really all that sure why he was tired, all he had done was eat and sit in a chair all day. He wasn't a farmer, or a blacksmith, or even a lumberjack, there was no reason he should have been sleepy. Never-the-less, he couldn't wait until he got to his room, he'd let his stir crazy out, then take a bath. Just the thought was moving his feet faster, not too fast though, that was also very unbecoming. No citizen wants a prince that runs to his room to escape people. Though, Adam wasn't really escaping people, at least he didn't think so. He was just resting up until the ball, yeah, that's what he told himself.

Adam undressed as soon as the door was closed, the buttons strained at the quickness he tried to shed them. Though, in the end, he didn't have to even unbutton them, seeing as his slim frame let his just slide out of his stiffly buttoned up shirt. He let them sit right int front of the door as he ran for the bathroom.

The servants door opened just as Adam reached half way across his bedroom. Adam shriek and covered himself, squatting into a crouch. "Oh god, that was so girly," he chastised himself with a groan, though he didn't make a move to stand up.

Cynthia and Felix, his long time childhood friends, stood staring at him. Felix in a slight daze of confusion, Cynthia just grinning.

"I have to say," she started, "that was quite feminine." She waltzed over to Adam's closet, "are you sure you're looking for a bride, not a husband?"

Adam sent looks at Felix to give him something, it took Felix a moment longer than normal to receive them. He tossed a blanket from off a couch in the lounge, Adam gratefully wrapped it around himself before standing. "You know I'd never marry a man." Adam said one thing, but it was like his heart was disagreeing, as if a silly heart knew more than a brain. "Why are you guys coming in through the servant doors anyway?" Adam walked into the bathroom and shut the door almost completely closed, he could still take a bath and talk at the same time, couldn't he?

"You locked your door," Cynthia replied, scavenging through Adam's closet. Cynthia had an eye for fashion Adam could not dismiss. She was the trendsetter in this city and everybody knew it.

"And I see the maid was more than happy to let you in through her door?" Adam inquired from the other room. The sound of splashing made the two in the bedroom portion aware that Adam wasn't going to waste his time talking to them when he wanted to take his bath.

"He's more willful than ever," Felix thought almost despairingly. He opened his mouth to respond to the question but before he could, Cynthia beat him to it.

"Aye, she was," she giggled slightly evilly, "especially when she still feels guilty for denying us entrance for so many years." She poked her head out of the closet and faked a pout, a finger moving from her eye to her chin in a mock tear trail, "just one look at this pitiful face and she happily swung the doors open." Felix shook his head in disapproval, but there was nothing he could do. She was a big help after all, she always was, with Cynthia around, you could get in anywhere you wanted.

Adam got out of the bath, drying himself off. He tried to, but he just wasn't comfortable with taking a bath while there was someone in the other room. It was too awkward for the boy, now that he'd long since grown up from the times when he needed people to dress him. Adam walked out of the bathroom and into his closet with Cynthia. He waited on one of the chairs, while she pulled out suit after suit. Nothing was seeming to please her. "I don't see why you care, it's not you dressing in these," Adam stated with a sigh. "All she's doing is making a mess for the maids," he thought.