Chapter 20 ~ Breaking Up??

The last chapter was supposed to be kind of sad or somber but it wasn't really like that. Ugh, I suck at writing. But anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter, I've been trying to work faster (or at least more).

::Breaking Up??::

::chapter 20::

Sam

I kicked my feet back and forth, Adam's mattress was steadily growing warmer underneath my tummy. I flipped a page in the comic book, I can see why Adam likes these, this is totally awesome. Adam's head rested comfortably on my back, his own foot shaking to whatever beat was playing in his head.

"I don't like your sister very much," I stated before winching. I didn't mean for that to come out as harsh as it did.

He shrugged, "I don't really either, that why we're in here instead of down there doing whatever it is that they're doing now."

"I think I heard them loading dishes into the dishwasher," I suggested.

"Yeah, Grace and Anthony will be doing the pots and pans by hand then." Adam scooted up more, my back was on fire with the heat he was sending my way. And, you know, the heart beat going a mile a minute really speeds up circulation. Damn, I feel like I just ran a mile. A tickling voice in my mind whispered, you could have Adam panting like he ran a mile with just a few movements of your hands. Bad mind. Shhhh. I'm trying not to have an erection.

"How long is your sister staying?" I asked. Anything we talk about could be better than my current thought train.

"Probably for a day or two more." He mumbled, "it's already been three days since she got here."

"Why doesn't she just stay at her own place, she must live close by."

"Nah, she lives like a two hour drive from here. Same state, different city." I heard the turning of pages, the whiz of something flying, and the soft landing of paper. "She's been crashing in my bed since the anniversary."

I put down the comic. I really wasn't paying attention to what he was saying, my mind was spinning. All I wanted was to touch him. I bent down, taking him by the arm pits and turning around as I pulled him up on top of me. I did it all with a single grunt, it's times like these I'm so happy I'm active and care about my appearance. Muscles are the only thing that made that maneuver possible.

"You mean you've been sharing your bed with a girl and you didn't tell me?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

He tried to raise an eyebrow at me as well, which only resulted in both going up, which was profoundly adorable. "Why don't you get your mind out of whatever far away gutter it's in? She's my sister."

I tried not to feel the least bit giddy about how he hasn't even tried to push me off yet. My arms rested on his back, my hands locked. Even if he hasn't tried to escape yet that doesn't mean I'm going to let him when he does try. "Well, incest is a thing."

Adam's head rested on my chest, he was trying to read his book while laying sideways. "You're disgusting."

I chuckled, "and yet you love me."

His head shot up, "shut up."

I almost grinned. He didn't deny it. That's cute. I love that. "I love you," I said, meaning it entirely, so deeply that it was rooted in my soul.

He rested his head back down on my chest, mumbling, "Shut up."

I heard foot steps climbing the stairs rapidly, taking the steps by two. Probably Anthony, and if I were to guess the relationship between Adam and Anthony than I would say that it sucks ass and there's no way he's coming here, so I didn't bother to move Adam, besides, I didn't want to move him anyway. Look at how cute he's being, all mellow and docile. He's laying on me without fight which is pretty new. I wish everyday was like this, that I could spend all my life with just the two of us, bodies close, hands entwined. Of course, at the moment, Adam wasn't very honest and so it didn't really feel like our hearts were one but trust me, we're gonna get there. I lay still, feeling the perfect of the moment when the door to Adam's bedroom really did open.

I glanced up at Grace, Adam's mom right behind her. I didn't move or even spare them more than a glance before resting back into a comfortable position. Adam on the other hand shot up, eyes wide like a deer caught in someone's headlights.

Grace didn't give our position a second glace, she just grinned, a smile that shone on her mother's face too, except her mother's was softer, like she knew this was a thing. That we were a thing. Oh how I love that. We're a thing. A thing! Grace cleared her throat, "Dinner is ready." She then left my sight as she went to inform Anthony of the same thing.

Adam's mother poked her head in, "Boys I don't want any funky business like last time going on, it's nasty to wash the sheets after something like that, especially when it's my own little boy's. Otherwise, have fun."

Adam's mouth fell open as his mother shut the door. "How does she know?" He whispered to himself.

I smiled, "You mean you don't tell your mom everything you do and keep her posted and updated with details and pictures?"

Adam sent me a glare, "I'm not you." He set down the comic book, sighing almost heavily. "We need to talk," he said somberly.

"Oh, no," I thought aloud, "you're breaking up with me."

"Okay, no, that's not what's going on, we have to be dating for me to break up with you and you sir, have done a lot of stuff that I haven't forgiven you for. Not only that, but I hate you." I ignored the last part because it was clearly his pride talking and not actually the truth, if he did hate me he wouldn't be laying on me. "What I want to talk about is your dad."

"Oh." I stared absently at his jade eyes, getting lost for a moment. I don't want to talk about that. ~