Dream Comes True

In a dark apartment

            "Happy birthday to you..Happy birthday to you..Happy birthday to my girl..Happy birthday to you..."

            "Blow the candles, princess."

            The birthday girl blows the candles.

            "Yeayyy!!!" She claps her hands in joy.

            "Now make a wish."

            The birthday girl closes her eyes and clasps her hands as if she is praying.

            "Let's eat the cake first okay?" She places the cake on the table and drags the chair for the birthday girl to sit.

            "Nah, a big slice for you." She slices a large piece of the cake for the birthday girl.

            "You have to eat a lot. So you can grow taller." She pinches the birthday girl's cheeks because the girl pouts and complains that she can't finish the cake.

            "Let me feed you. Say AAAA." She tries to enlighten the birthday girl's mood.

            "Is it delicious? I baked it special for you." They are done with the cake.

            "Are you ready for the BIG SURPRISE?" She asks to the birthday girl.

            The birthday girl nods happily.

            "Tadaaa!" She takes out a small box, somewhat looks like a switch.

            "Push this green button. You'll see it." She orders the birthday girl to do so.

            "Do you like it?" She hugs the birthday girl when she saw her reaction. A back hug.

            "This is for you." She kisses the  birthday girl's cheeks.

            "May I know what is your wish just now?" She peeks to the birthday girl's face from behind.

            "I WISH I NEVER MET KIMHAN JITTALEELA." The voice echoed in her ears. Replayed like a recorded tape.

The ILLUSIONS gone!

            "NO! This is not true! THIS IS NOT TRUE!" She messes her short hair, loosen her tie and throws it to the floor. The shirt left unbutton, no neatly tuck in  — so untidy. It is the same shirt from last night. She haven't get a change. Last night it was drenched with rain water but now it's dry.

            "Pie? Come out, princess." Frantically Kim search for Pie, in the dark apartment. No lights. All dark.