What Happens to My Heart?

Start from the beginning

            "Kim, trust me. I am fine." She holds my hands and smiles to me. Yeah, she is smiling, but it's a faint smile. Even though she has put a light make up on her face, she still can't hide her weak expression. She is not alright.

            "Besides, I come here to sign a few documents which need my signature." She removes my hands from her face and turns her gaze to a pile of document on her desk. Yeah, she is true. For some cases, I don't have the authority to make a decision on some agreement.

            "Alright. If you need anything, just call me." I sigh. I know I can't stop Yam.

            "Will do." She nods her head and winks to me. She still manage to be that cheerful even though deep inside, I know she is struggling with her disease.

I walk out from the room but before I close the door, I pop my head inside her room again.

            "Yes?" She giggles a little as she looks to me. Perhaps I look like a sandwich at the door.

            "Lets have lunch together. It's my treat." I say to her.

            "Okay." She chuckles. Yeah, she never lacks of smile. The first thing that caught my attention to Yam is her smile. I really love to see her smile. Haish Kim! What are you thinking about. You have Pie! Stop it!

When I return to my room, I see Suzy is about to leave my room and she sees me too.

            "It's done Ms.Kim" She bows her head to me. I think this girl has so much formality. Never mind, I like her to be that way.

            "Thank you Suzy. This is for you." I take out a lollipop from my pocket and hand it to her.

            "Thank you." She giggles to see what I give to her but still, she takes it from my hand.

            "To prevent you from being sleepy." I winks to her and left. When I glance to her, I can see she shook her head. Hmm, seems like she doesn't affected with my charming smile. This woman is so weird. The other girls will go crazy if I do that wink to them but she is not. Men out there, she is so hard to be tackled.

Okay, I need to continue my works. There are a lot of tasks awaiting me.

Pie's house

            Pie is staring blankly to the books that Kim bought for her. Kim is indeed right. She don't know how to read or even write. Well, she used to know how to read and write but it's a long time ago. When she lost her sight, Pie started learning how to use the braille. That made, she forgot to do the reading and writing like normal person.

            "You can do this Pie. You've learnt this when you were still a kid. It won't be that hard." Pie talking to herself while flipping the books.

            "It would be better if someone can guide me. Mom! Yes Mom!" Pie quickly closes the books and takes them downstairs. She is looking for her  mother.

            "Mom? Oh Mom?" Pie's mother is nowhere to be found.

            "Pie honey, I'm here. In the kitchen." Pie hears her mother's voice.

            "Mom, I've to relearn how to write and read. Teach me please?" Pie pleads to her mother with her puppy eyes. Mom looks to Pie with her tearful eyes.

            "Mom? Why are you crying? Is there anything wrong?" Pie pulls a chair and sit across her Mom.

            "No, there's nothing wrong. See, I'm chopping this onion." Mom sheds the tears from her eyes.