|| C H A P T E R 31 ||

Start from the beginning

One last look in the mirror and everything perfect. I walk out the room to find Bri waking out the bathroom fully clothed. She has a towel draped around her shoulders drying her hair.

"Hey baby, I'm almost done," she grabs me by the waist and puts her forehead on mine.

"Hurry, I'm hungry."

She lets me go and smiles, "ok ok," she walks back to her bedroom and I follow. I watched as finished getting ready. Throwing everything together with a belt.

"Okay let's go," she grabs my wrists pulling me up

We walk out the apartment and to her car. The drive to the restaurant was short. It was after all down the street from her apartment. We walked inside hand in hand. The ladies instructed us to sit wherever. We took a booth seat.

The menus were already at the table. We flipped through them before the lady came back over, "do you guys know what you'd like to drink?"

I nod my head, "a lemonade please."

She turns to Bri, "horchata please."

The lady nodded, "I will be right back with your drinks."

"We can go watch a movie after this if you'd like," Bri put down the menu.

I smiled over at her, "I've been wanting to see little woman."

"Sounds like a plan."

The waitress comes back with our drinks, "do you need another minute to look over the menu?"

"I think we'll order now," Bri answers for us, "I'll have the chicken enchilada plate."

The waitress starts writing on her pad then turns to me, "and for you?"

"I'll have the beef enchilada plate."

She nodded her head and walked off.

"I'll be right back I think I left my wallet in the car," Bri stood up. I watched her walk outside.

I sighed. Why does this feel off?

Her phone buzzes a few time from the other side of the table. It kept on buzzing so I grabbed it. Maybe it was an important business call. Her phone was apparently ringing, but the person hung up by the time I grabbed it.

5 miss calls.
15 unread messages.

I attempted to unlock her phone, but she changed her password. What the actual fuck!

"Grabbed it!" Bri slid back into her spot on the other side of the booth. She saw me holding her phone, "what are you do-"

"Unlock your phone," I didnt even let her finish.

"Grace your over reacting," she reached for her phone.

I held it further away from her, "prove to me I'm over reacting open your phone."