23. I get to love you.

Start from the beginning

Magnus looked at his surroundings with tears in his eyes. He looked at the cake which had a 'happy anniversary Malec' written on it. "Malec? So you finally accepted our mundane ship name? "

"Nope! That's Clary and Izzy's doing."

"Smart women!"

Alec looked at his husband and shook his head, then leaned over and kissed his temple. "Let's cut the cake first, shall we?"

Magnus nodded. They took the knife which was knotted with ribbon, cut the cake together, and fed each other.

"Happy anniversary, Magnus Lightwood Bane."

"Happy anniversary, Alexander."

They leaned in and kissed each other softly yet passionately, tasting the sweetness of red velvet cake on each other's lips. They poured all the emotions into that one kiss. When they broke the kiss, Magnus' glamor had disappeared and his eyes were shining brightly with tears filled in them.

Alec then picked up the bouquet and handed it to his husband.

Magnus took it and inhaled the scent of mixed flowers which calmed his whole body. He then looked at the card and took it gently, placing the bouquet on the table. His eyes watered when he read the contents of the card.

~~~~~~~~~
You said you were a monster
I saw an angel

You said you were ugly
I saw a beauty

You said you were useless
I saw a caring personality

You said you were called an abomination
I saw a person with a pure heart

You said you don't deserve to be loved
I saw a person who needed to be loved

You said you hate yourself
I saw a shattered heart

You said there's nothing but darkness around
I saw a broken soul

I saw a broken soul...

«Happy 6th year anniversary, love. Thank you for coming into my life and making me the happiest person ever. These six years are the best six years of my life. You pushed me and helped me get out of the closest. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't crash my wedding that day. Maybe, I would be married to Lydia and living a life of a lie. But I'm not, I'm here with my husband, creating the best memories of my life. I can never thank you enough, Magnus. You're the light to my darkness, sunshine to my storms, strength to my weakness, and healer to my cries. I love you so much, and I wish to spend eternity with you.»

P. S.
There's a big surprise waiting for you.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Magnus looked at his husband with tear-filled eyes. He was really touched by every single word written on that card.

"I love you so much, Alexander. You are really special to me. You make me the happiest person ever. You have no idea how much you mean to me. I may have had lovers before, but no one was as special to me as you are. I should thank you for coming into my life and loving me for who I am and not what you want me to be. You saw through me, the monster I was, the crimes I did, but you still loved me and never left. I have no words to convey how thankful I'm for that."

"Hey, don't say that. You're not a monster, Magnus." He wrapped his hands around the warlock's neck and kissed him on the forehead. Magnus leaned into the touch. "Now, are you ready for your gifts?"