10. Emotions speak louder than words

Alec looked at her with slight relief and nodded. "Then let's head to New York tomorrow morning itself!"

"If that has to be done then I think Madzie can stay with him for the time being, in that way Magnus won't be alone."

"That sounds like a great idea, but... there's still a problem."

Catarina raised her brow. "What is it?"

"What am I going to tell Magnus about leaving for New York? I can't just say that I have to leave without giving him any reasonable explanation. And you're leaving with me too, he'll get suspicious and will ask a hell lot of questions!"

"We need to come up with something, but honestly I don't even know."

Rubbing his temples, he started pacing around when something struck him. He took out his phone and sent a quick text to his all-time lifesaver.

Emergency needed, call ASAP!

-Alec.

Catarina was looking at him intently, reviewing his actions, she got a glimpse of his text and got curious.

"Emergency needed! Really? And who did you text that to? Who else knows?"

Before Alec could answer, his phone started buzzing. He quickly picked it up and put it on speaker, but before he could say anything the other side's voice came quickly with a fierce and strong tone.

"Alec! Look, if this is one of your stupid kind of emergencies, I swear, I'll portal myself to Alicante and kick your sweet little ass!"

Alec was mortified and his face was flushed with embarrassment. He looked at Catarina who was trying not to laugh.

"Are you done, Izzy!?"

Izzy sighed, then continued. "What is it, big brother?"

"First off, you're on speaker, Catarina is with me so 'thank you' for your sweet talk and second, we've found the complete spell!"

"By the angel! You did!" Izzy squealed. "But... this was your emergency, Alec?"

"Not exactly, for this ritual, I have to come to New York for a few days and Catarina is coming too, I'll explain everything when I'll be there. But the thing is, I don't know what to tell Magnus. Madzie is going to stay with him, but I can't just tell him I'm leaving without any reason, so, word of advice?"

"And to be honest, even though I'm not able to come up with something, knowing Magnus he's not gonna get convinced easily," Catarina added and looked at Alec.

"Oh! Hi Cat! Thank you for helping my brother, it's good to know that he has your support as well. And I agree with that. It's Magnus we're talking about."

"Izzy, not helping!" Alec said impatiently.

"Calm down big brother! Hold on a second..."

There was silence for some time on either side and Alec was growing impatient.

"Izzy, are you there?" But there was no reply.

"Izzy!?"

"Patience Alec!" Came the reply.

Alec sighed and looked at Catarina, she was getting worried too. After a few more minutes, Izzy finally spoke.

"Okay, so Alec, are you going to be busy with your ritual 24X7, or you'll have free time as well?"

"Honestly, it will take just a day, but I'll be needing everyone's permission first, I have to talk to everyone then only I'll proceed with it."