•two• {Miss Murder}

[my dad was watching Robin Hood and I was feeling inspired

i need someone to make a cover for this story soon. I'm not very good at making covers lol

Song for the chapter; Miss Murder- AFI bc it's fucking AFI. You don't say no to AFI.

Whoop whoop update time :-)

Yes that face does have a nose]

Calum

If there's something I hate more than plane rides, it's plane rides over oceans.

Don't get me wrong, I love nature. But I don't love nature when you're flying miles above it at a speed much after than an average roller coaster in a metal tin-can death trap of jet engines and packaged peanuts.

Let's just say the entire trip was spent clutching onto the arms rests and practically screaming every time we hit turbulence.

I remember in fifth grade when our science class watched The Day After Tomorrow, and how hard the turbulence hit the plane. Every time a cart went by my seat I winced when remembering the scene of a refreshment cart smashing against a wall when the plane tipped.

I must have fallen asleep through the time of complete terror, because I woke with a start, almost screaming when the plane was landing. I could have sworn I felt us going down.

David gave me a lot of dirty looks when being shushed by the person in front of me. I shot him a glare, as if passive aggressively saying; "Im sorry alright?"

After departing from the plane and wandering aimlessly through the airport for a while, we finally found our way outside and called a cab to take us to our new house.

All through the ride I sat staring out the window, recovering from the shock that is the near death experience of a plane ride.

I spent my time staring out the tinted window. We drove from the big city all the way through the country side. Trees were already loosing leaves and seemed to almost be floating down from the trees onto the muddy ground below. I sighed and my breath fogged up the glass of the window inches from my lips. I decided that this was a legitimate enough entertainment, and started drawing random shapes in the fog on the window.

Wiping away the last of the fog, I looked out of now-clear window to see a long driveway leading up a hill. Trees obscured the view to the top, but I knew just by the looks of it that our new house was somewhere up there.

The driver asked David (who had to sit up in the front due to all the bags and boxes we had piled into the van) if he wanted him to drive all the way to the top, which came with a sarcastic response of "Oh no. We'll just carry all these boxes and bags up on foot."

With little to no protests, the driver took us all the way up to the top of the hill, which was much taller than I expected.

There, looming over us in all it's glory, was a giant mansion. No, not mansion, more like a fucking castle. I felt like Simon from The Mortal Instruments looking up at The Institute, a building much too tall to be real, almost otherworldly, and as a practical person, didn't know how to react to something that would only appear in a comic book or a fairy tale.

"That place better have a shit load of closets."