•prologue•

• Dedicated to dead people

Calum

There's nothing more underrated than screaming in a pillow. Seriously. You should try it sometime.

It seems that every time I get news from my parents I always end up doing just that. There's really nothing better than a good old faceplant onto your bed and a few minutes spent fucking up your vocal chords with some old fashioned yelling into a sack of feathers until the neighbors call the cops thinking someone got murdered.

Usually after a few minutes, when my pillow has a face-shaped indent right in the middle of it, and when my throat feels like I swallowed a handful of sand, I sit in a quiet place where I can't be bothered, usually the back of my closet where piles of dirty dress shirts that weren't dirty enough to be washed but not wrinkled enough to be ironed and hung up, and the old pairs of Nike shoes I obviously can't fit into anymore, but am too lazy to drive to the donation bin downtown. This is usually the time when I think rationally about why I was screaming in the first place, sometimes I can't even remember why, and other times I realise how stupid of a reason I was having a full-on bitch fit and completely regret screaming louder than Kellin Quinn the next day when people make jokes about my fucked up voice. "Hey what's wrong? Have you been sucking too much dick lately?" And after those jokes are over I can just break the news to my friends I'd only had for a month.

"I'm moving again."

[First part of the re-write!

Waddya think?]