38 | Dominance

Noah

Noah

|

I can't believe I said that to her... What was I thinking?

I was pissed and frustrated at her. How can she stand there, with a bloody hand and act like it's all my fault?

It's that mother fuckers fault who did this to her... Who tortured her for six years!

I'm the one who saved her, the one who had to open up her with a scalpel and make sure she lived. I had to watch over her carefully to make sure her body didn't give out... A few sleepless nights. Just-

I just want her to be okay...

Phoebe whispers something into my shirt, but I don't hear it. Phoebe lets go of me and lays back down on the bed. I take this as my cue to leave her alone and walk outside of the room. When I close the door behind me, McKinley is standing in front of me.

"What was that about?" Kinley asks, making me unsure of what to say.

"It was-"

"And don't say it was nothing, because I have never heard my sister act like that before," Kinley says, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I think you should ask Phoebe. Okay?" I finally say, walking away from her.

"Noah," Kinley says behind me, following me into the living room. "I don't think you understand. Phoebe won't tell us anything. She never has-"

"McKinley- this is between Phoebe and me. I'm sorry you and McKenna had to hear all of that. I promise it won't happen again." I sincerely say, not wanting to make their stay unpleasant.

McKinley sits down on the couch next to me, looking directly at me. She hesitates but finally speaks-

"Phoebe had to grow up fast. She raised Kenna and me, and as you already know, our Mother is an actress and was never home. Our Father tried his hardest to be there for us, but he has his own business to run. So it was just the Nanny and Phoebe." Kinley says, and right now, I am confused at why she is confiding in me. "Mostly Phoebe, since all the Nanny did was cook, clean, and teach Phoebe how to care for us. Then, when she was old enough to stay at home alone, she became our nanny. She taught us everything-" She stops, looking down at her hands and then back at me. "I bet you're wondering why I am telling you all of this, and, well- Phoebe keeps things to herself. She hides how she is truly feeling because Phoebe doesn't want to burden anyone with how she is truly feeling."

Oh, I know that already.

"But, Noah. I can see that her walls aren't there when you're around. She is vulnerable... Which I have never seen in my sister." Kinley stands up, begins to walk away from me and then stops. She looks back at me and says, "I know something is wrong with her, and so does Kenna. She won't tell us, but I hope she can tell you." She leaves me alone in the living room, to let all of this soak in.