22 | Soothe

Noah

Noah

|

I wake up, and Phoebe isn't lying next to me. My arm moves to the side she was sleeping on, and it's still warm. I look around, and she isn't in the room. I sit up, and I listen. I hear her vomiting in the bathroom. I stand up quickly, heading to the bathroom.

"Phoebe." I knock on the door and she groans. "Phoebe. Are you okay?"

"I-" She vomits again. "Just, leave me alone!" She yells, gagging a bit. Seconds later, I hear the toilet flush. She is hungover, and she needs fluids and food in her system. I walk into the kitchen pantry, grabbing saltine crackers and a water bottle. I knock on the door again, hearing her gag.

"Phoebe. I'm opening the door." I open the door, seeing her leaning against the glass shower. I hand her the bottled water, and she drinks it all, giving me back the empty bottle. I hand her the crackers, and she shakes her head. "Phoebe, you need to eat something."

"Oh. Rack off!" She yells, her Australian accent getting thicker the more she gets angry. She shoos me away, making my eyebrows knit together in amusement. I have no idea what she just said, but I'm pretty sure she just told me to fuck off.

"Phoebe. Just eat a few crackers, please." I bend down to her level, handing her a cracker. She looks at me, then grabs the cracker. "Eat it slowly. I'm going to get you more water." I stand up, turning on the sink and filling up the water bottle. I look back down at her, and she looks unhealthy. I mean, she's beautiful as always. But right now, she has dark circles under her eyes, her hair is all messy, and she looks miserable. "Here Phoebe, take this." I hand her the water bottle, and she sips at it.

"Thank you." She leans her head back against the glass after finishing the cracker. "I feel like shit." She laughs suddenly. I help her to her feet as she grips her stomach. I stand there for a second to see if she will puke again, but she shakes her head, making me continue helping her into the living room.

I help her out of the bathroom and onto the couch. She sits down, gripping her stomach and covering her mouth. I rush to grab the trash can and bring it back to ger. Once it's in front of her face, she pukes again. I hold her hair back with my other hand, and she hugs the trash can. I rub her back with my other hand.

She groans, disgusted with her situation. Every time she pukes, she gets dehydrated even more. Her hungover will last over 24 hours if we don't get it under control now. I have a saline drip and anti-nausea medication. I should give her the anti-nausea medication first and see how she responds to it, but she will puke it up even before it starts to work.

I leave her alone for a few seconds, going into my closet and grabbing the saline bag. I bring out the metal pole and everything I need to connect to the bag. I hook it up to the pole, attaching the drip and the tub that will go into her arm. I grab a roll of tape and put on a pair of gloves. I find an elastic band and a 25 gauge needle. I could get in serious trouble for this...