CHAPTER FOUR

Driver talking to the cattle rearer we have gotten to Lagos. Ayo overheard this and jumped finally I am here in Lagos free from that woman I must work hard so I will go back to Ekiti and bring in mummy mi and Bayo to Lagos too but Lagos is not all that bad to but the holdup seems to be freaking me out as he jumped from the back of the lorry.
Excuse me ma where is this place this is Lagos my son. yes ma I know this is Lagos but it should have another name because I heard Lagos has so many places oh! My son you mean the name of this junction this is ojo barracks by the way where are you going to and what is your name, my name is Bayo ma I am very hard working an can also run around but I did not ask you if you are hardworking or not I just asked about your name yes ma but I need a job to sustain myself here in Lagos I here no one to call my own just in case you need a house boy or anybody you know I am ready I just need food and shelter ok dear my name is Mrs.ijeoma I stay at Badagry I came to see a friend of mine who had a baby (2) two days ago. Badagry is a little far from here and the holdup is not all that good though the new governor is trying because if you came when Lagos was Lagos I bet you would run away they both laughed. Leave the way you stupid boy oh! My God the street of Lagos is rough I pray I do not like somebody before I got home gala gala!!! Are you mad who told you I want to buy gala said Mrs. Ijeoma is this how Lagos really is said Bayo? My son I bet you have not had an experience staying in Lagos at you would meet the annoying ones and even the pick pockets. Look over there you see that woman the guy standing beside her would pick her bag but she is buying perfume said Bayo. You are still new there just watch what happens he is just there to distract her attention let’s just forget about it. Now what brought you to Lagos? Ma a is a long story let us leave it for another day by the way are  we not act Badagry yet just wait 30 minutes more we are now at Mowo when we get to Aradagun Badagry is just a stone from there so just keep calm.
Here we are this is Badagry but there are other places like Ajara, Sawmill, Low-cost, and so on but I stay. At Opeyemi house by house is a little bit far from the bus stop but not to worry you would get used to the system over here and here we go home sweet home this is where I live although this place is a new site before the next 5-7 years this place would developed you would not know it is the bush like place you came to before.
As they entered into the apartment Wao said Bayo madam! You have a nice place as he collected the nylon bag from her. Madam where is the kitchen? So that I would keep it there hnmm who told you it is meant to be kept in the kitchen? The aroma of smoked Titus fish is coming from the region so I doubt it if you want to keep this in you room else rats would be your visitors this night. You seem to be a very friendly and active boy. There is food in the pot why not freshen up and eat your room is next to the guest room. Madam you have seen nothing yet and who is that roared from the bedroom. Bayo became confused as he stood like a fish that was taken out of water. Sir Sir Sir he stammered don’t worry Bayo Mrs. Ijeoma said I will handle this. He is the new boy I just picked up to help me with the chores since I cannot do them all alone. BIA what is wrong with you this woman? give me a male child you do not want to instead you gave me useless set of girls woman take your time why don’t you make the girls work in the kitchen at least they would be useful there instead of wasting my money. This is the height of it give me a son or I will send you packing. who would inherit all my wealth and also who would succeed my name? Your useless girls would get married into another family and bear their husband names and me no body would carry the glory of my name. Chima the doctor said my womb is weak and I cannot conceive else I would die. Is it not better you die because you are useless in this house since you cannot give me what I want? I would rather go outside in search of the heir my properties than stay in this house with you and your girls be warned erhn erhn erhn do not say I did not warn you woman.