CHAPTER ONE

Babajide a secondary school dropout in Ekiti state is tall, dark and hardworking married to Sikemi a yellow skin lady Babajide and Sikemi gave birth five children Ayo, Bayo, Amina, Suliat and Bose.

Baale mi I am going to the market to sell a few basket of tomatoes. My wife go in peace and may you sell them all as she leaves for the market. Although he is a secondary school dropout but has all the qualities a lady would ever dream of having in a man what else does he lack ‘WEALTH’.
     The market is crowed as today is a market day everybody wants to sell their goods while some villagers came from the neighboring village buy and as well sell. Buy your wrappers, buy your tomatoes, buy your fish and cook delicious soup for your husband.

Every one began to pack their wares from their stalls and their tables as it was to rain. I have to get home before it rains if not my husband would not like it if I get wet for I would catch a cold.
    Babajide my beloved, oko mi, ori Ade mi, Sikemi would always sing his praise whenever she wants to discuss an issue with him. Aya mi (my wife) what is it? I have known you for years to be hardworking though we are blessed with children but ori Ade mi we do not have money to feed or make them feel comfortable the way the other children at the next street close to iya sikira the Akara woman seller. Sikemi what are you driving at? My husband Yetunde is from a wealthy family she lacks nothing and is born with a silver spoon why don’t you marry her so that her wealth will raise the name of our family. NO! NO! NO! Never will I have a second wife just forget about it and never arise this issue again. Sikemi triggered by fear left in tears but ended her discussion saying “a word is enough for the wise” could this get any worse when the table turned around but not in favor of Sikemi.

Oh! My father in Heaven where are thou eyes? Yetunde has taken over my family, I came up with the idea of my husband marrying her as a second wife blinded by her wealth I never saw my downfall coming thinking about the upliftment of my family. Sikemi! Sikemi! My husband said you should get my water ready, Wait a minute Yetunde who do you think you are? I am the first wife so you had better respect me or else………….or else what replied Yetunde. Who wants to pull down the roof of my house? The two became silent and path ways.