"Did you kill him." I think the boss calls this one Josiah or as boss say's 'JJ', asked me. 

"Yes I did. Any ways I was all alone. And next thing I knew the Indian cut my eye out. Blood was everywhere and then I pulled out my good old rifer and I shot him." I told the boys. 

"Wow. That's so cool." The other twin said to me. I smiled down at them. 

"Yeah. It sure was something." I said to them. I was about to leave when they stop me again. 

"Cap, papa said you can come over for dinner tonight. Unless you are going to the saloon like everyone else is." Dylan told me. I looked down at him. 

"Sure you mama wants an ugly mut like me sittin at her table." I asked them. Before anyone could answer my boss Mr. Brantley Gilbert walked over to his sons and myself. 

"Cap great day at work son. Did the boys asked you for dinner tonight." My boss asked me. I looked right at him. 

"Yes sir they did and if there's enough I would love to come over for dinner." I told him. My boss Mr. Gilbert smiled at me. 

"Good. Now come on. Luci is making a roast with everything you need to go with a good old roast. Boys when we get home you still have some chores to do." My boss said to his sons. 

"Yes sir." They all said to their father. He's a lucky man to have a good big family. 

"Papa, Cap told us how he lost his eye." The youngest of the Gilbert boys said to there father. Henry Robert I believe is his name. 

"Did he. Well, let's walk home and maybe Cap can tell you all the real story." My boss said to his sons. The Gilbert boys all looked at me. I smiled at them. 

"So a Injun didn't do that Cap." JJ asked me. I smiled at them. 

"Naw. If I tell you what really happened y'all wouldn't like it." I told them. 

"What really happened Cap?" Dylan and Dalton said to me at the same time. We started walking to the Gilbert's place. I have no clue where it is so I'm walking next to my boss with all of his sons around me. 

"Well when I was 11 I was helpin' pa building on to our cabin. Any way a big splinter went through my eye. It capped over. After that pa called me 'Cap'. Not as fun as the Indian story is it." I told them. 

"No not really. Come on I'll race you home." Dalton said to his brothers. They all took off running. I looked over at my boss. 

"That's why I go with the Injun story." I said to my boss. He slap me on my back and laughed at me. Yeah I think I'm going to like working for Mr. Gilbert and his partner Mr. Ludwig. 

"I get that. But I'm glad you told them the real story." My boss said to me. I smiled at him. As we walked out of the woods, I saw a big 2 story cabin home with a big barn and cattle pens around the place. 

"Luci and I built this home when our eldest was still a babe." My boss told me. I looked at him. 

"It's a nice place." I told him. One day I will have a nice place to call my own. It may not be as big as this place, but I will make it a home someday. That's only if I can find a wife that would ever want a 1 eye gorilla like myself. 

"Come on in. You can meet the---" My boss was cut off when the door opened up and a little old lady walked out. 

"Your late." The old woman said to my boss. 

"Cap, this is Mrs. Cobb. Mrs. Cobb this is Cap. He just started working for us at the timber mill." My boss said to the old woman. I smiled at her.