Chapter 28: Intertwined

"That bastard!"

Hanbin punched the locker and I instantly seen regret flood his eyes as he made a noise and held his hand. I stood there watching him shake his hand as his mouth was hanging wide open.

What an idiot.

He examined his hand then kissed it and I rolled my eyes at him. "Are you done?" he can act tough all he wants but I know that he's nothing but a teddy bear.

He looked at me then nodded, "That really hurt," he looked at his hand again and I rolled my eyes yet again. He looked at me, "How can Miss Chou marry a jerk who beats her?"

I told Hanbin about what I encountered yesterday, and also what I seen on Miss Chou's neck. He said that he was wondering why she was wearing the same scarf yesterday and I told him that I thought the same thing.

Miss Chou and I talked that afternoon about everything that Eunwoo put her through and I could barely listen to her because it was terrible. It made me sick to hear about what he has done to her.

But damn it, he will never touch her again.

She told me that she didn't want me to get involved but I can't help it. I'm not going to sit back and let some asshole abuse her now that I know about it.

There's no way in hell that's happening.

She also told me that he was a drug head.
Ironic, right?

She told me that he would get on drugs so bad, and that's when he would beat her. It was like I was in a re-run of my own life.

After I told Hanbin that, he looked at me and I already knew what was running through his head.

"She still doesn't know, does she?" I stared at him as we were walking to class.

I shook my head, "No, and she's not going to because it's in the past and it's over with," I mean, there's no need to bring it up since Yoona is doing better and I don't have to worry about it ever happening again.

I'm afraid of what might happen if she did find out. I lied to her so much, and now that she's actually giving us a chance, I'm afraid that all those lies are going to come back and break us.

We made it to art class and I walked to the back and grabbed my canvas. I placed it in front of my chair and took the sheet off to admire it. I sat down in the chair and stared at it.

I couldn't be more happier with it. It was amazing in every way, and not just because I did an awesome job, and actually made it look good, but the fact that it's my mom makes it more perfect.

Hanbin leans over and admires it with me. We sit there and stare at it without saying a word, but I could hear the words he wasn't saying.

I then heard a voice that made my eyes immediately dart to the front. "Alright students," she looked around the room at everyone until they stopped talking. She smiled, "Spring break is coming up," I heard everyone holler and it made my ears hurt. "But since we have another week until it starts, I talked to the principal to let us take a field trip," yes! Everyone cheered and Miss Chou chuckled, "We're going to an art museum and I need to have your parents sign a paper in order for you to go," before she did anything else, her eyes landed on me for a moment until she turned and grabbed some papers from her desk.

She went around the room and handed everyone one. When she reached me, she leaned over and whispered, "You're good, don't worry," she smiled at me as she handed one to Hanbin and I smiled back.
I heard Hanbin squeal, "This is amazing! I hope I see Mona Lisa, The Last Supper, The Creation of Adam, Starry Night, and The Scream!" he held the paper to his chest and had a smile on his face. He then looked at me and smiled, "What about you?"