Chapter 15: Unnecessary Circumstances

Hitting the asphalt was harder than anything I've ever witnessed in my life. Harder than Yoona has ever hit me, and it gave me a major headache. I'm surprised it didn't kill me.

"Get the fuck up before I shoot," was all I heard and I knew that this was just my luck. Out of all the luck I've had over the years, it just keeps getting better.
Hence the sarcasm .

I felt myself being pulled across the road, and I also heard Mrs. Chou yell for them to let me go. I couldn't open my eyes because the pain in the back of my head was unbearable.

I was leaned against cold metal, which I'm guessing was their car. I heard the guy tell me to get up but I couldn't. It felt like I was paralyzed and everything in my body was frozen. My head was pounding like a broken washing machine and it hurt like a bitch.

I had no other choice but to ignore him. I then felt a cold object press against my forehead and it didn't take a genius to figure out what that object was.

I slowly opened my eyes and I was met face to face with a grinning psychopath. "Welcome back sleeping beauty, thought I lost ya for a second," he held the gun against my forehead and his grin faded. "Now, I should shoot you for pulling that stunt you did, but I can't because it's not in my nature to shoot someone when I need answers,"

I felt my heart speed up and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't exactly out-smart this guy because I'm not very smart myself. I can't signal to Mrs. Chou because I'll get caught then we both would get shot.

But I knew that I had to do something in order to save Mrs. Chou, and myself. I couldn't let him win.

We stayed in that position for a minute or so, both of us looking at each other without saying anything. I didn't know how to respond to him because I honestly couldn't give him the answer he needs.

I knew that his patience was running out, and I knew my time was too.

Before I could even blink, Mrs. Chou was quick in one move, and that's when I seen her tackle the guy to the ground. I couldn't believe how fast it all happened, and I couldn't believe Mrs. Chou was that fast.

They were wrestling on the ground for a while, and I was trying my damn hardest to try and get up to do something; anything. I needed to grab that gun away from him, but I knew that I was no match for him.

I then felt a pain in my head and that's when everything was blurring. I then noticed that Mrs. Chou was pinned to the ground and I couldn't do anything to help. The pain was getting worse and I knew that I wouldn't be able to hold on much longer. I noticed that Mrs. Chou kept trying to grab the gun but he was a lot strong than she was.

It was like time itself was going in slow motion as I watched the guy aim the gun to her head. It felt like a million seconds until I finally did something.

I lunged forward and tackled him away from her. I didn't have a strategy in mind, but all I could think of was to get him away from her.

It felt like forever as I was trying to hold him on the ground. I didn't know how long I could keep going, because he was struggling to get free.

I felt myself being pulled away from him and that's when I saw Mrs. Chou grab the gun and knock him out with it. He laid there motionless and that's when she grabbed me up and told me to run.

As we were running, I felt myself become dizzy and I had to stop. Mrs. Chou asked if I was ok, but I didn't respond. The pain in my head was hurting more and more.

Without warning, Mrs. Chou grabbed me and carried me bridal style. I didn't have the energy to fight against her, so I let it go. I didn't want the pain to keep coming so I decided to just lay there and let her do her thing.