Chapter 2: Detention

The pain in my stomach was gone by the morning, but the pain in my head kept me awake all night. I got a few hours of sleep but not a lot because my head kept throbbing all night and the pain was unbearable. It mostly hurt in the back, which is the worst part to get hit in my opinion because it's the most tender spot on my head.

But no matter how much pain I'm in, I still have to go to school. I've been going to school in so much pain the last few years, it's unbelievable. I would wake up feeling like a car ran me over, and I'd still go to school. I can't miss school just because my sister is a piece of shit. I still need my education no matter what shape I'm in.

I look through my closet to find a pair of jeans and a shirt. I'm lucky to find anything to wear because my sister takes all my clothes. That's the disadvantage of both of us being the same size, she always steals my clothes. She can never wear her own. Hell, I don't even think she has any clothes to call her own, if she hasn't claimed mine.

I rush to the bathroom and take a quick shower and wash myself from all the shit I go through everyday. No matter how hard I try, I can never wash away my life. I get out and get dressed, then brush my hair and teeth. I slide my shoes on and grab my backpack. Before I head out, I make sure I have everything. I shut my door then walk downstairs in hopes I don't run into anymore trouble.

I look around and notice that Yoon isn't here, which I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Usually when she's out, she's getting high or drunk, but when she's here, she beats me. If only she would stop all of that reckless lifestyle, then she'd be better at taking care of her younger sister.

I leave the house then lock the door. I walk down the steps and onto the sidewalk and make my way to school. I look around at all the cars going by and the birds and wonder why I can't have a perfect life like everyone else.

I make it to school in about fifteen minutes, just in time to see Hanbin pulling up. I walk over to his car as he parks and lean against the hood. He gets out and smiles at me, "Good morning, beautiful," I smile and hug him. He makes my mornings great because he always has this great energy everyday and it seems to lift my mood.

We walk into school together and go by my locker to throw my backpack in. I shut the locker and lean against it as he looks at me, "You look terrible," I sigh then look down at myself. I don't have the best clothes, they're all old and worn out because I can't afford new ones.

"I know, I didn't get any sleep last night," he nods like he understands but I know he doesn't. He doesn't know anything about me because I never tell him. I can't risk him finding out because I'm scared, but I don't know what I'm scared of. He's my best friend, so he'll still be with me no matter what I tell him, right? I'm just afraid that he'll leave me like everyone else does.

"You never get enough sleep. You use that same excuse everyday since I can remember," that is true. I can't come up with anymore lies because I'm too exhausted to think this early in the morning. I don't necessarily tell him a lie, because it is the truth when I tell him that I didn't get enough sleep.

I shrug, "It's the truth. I have so much homework to do, and never enough time to do it," I can't understand how I'm so far behind in every class.

Oh, wait.

"You should stay after school to get all your work done," I look at him and think that idea isn't half bad. I could, but what would Yoona do if she finds out I'm not home? She wouldn't come to my school, and if I go home and she's there, God knows what she'll do to me.

"I'll think about it," he nods just in time for the bell to ring. We say our goodbyes and go separate ways.

Today is going to be stressful.