Chapter 18: Enigma

Start from the beginning

She told me she had feelings for me.

I couldn't believe she actually said that. I would never imagine that happening. I mean, that's all I ever wanted and it finally happened, but then she told me to forget them like they were that easy to forget.

I'm more than pissed off with her because why the hell would she tell me that she had feelings if she didn't want us to act on it. It made no sense and she had no idea what that done to my heart.

She doesn't know the fucked up life I live in, so therefore, she made it even more fucked up by stomping on my heart like it was nothing. She ripped it out and basically threw it on the ground then stomped on it while I watched her.

The last class was next and I was nervous about going to it. I didn't want to see her, but then again, I did. My heart was pounding as my hands were sweaty and I couldn't keep my breathing under control.

Damn you, Miss Chou.

When I walked in the classroom, with Hanbin trailing right behind me, I noticed that I didn't see her sitting at her desk, or anymore for that matter. I looked around the room in search for her, but didn't see her anywhere.

Where was she?

I sat down in my seat and watched as Hanbin took his seat next to me. I was about to ask him something when he spoke for me.

"Where's Miss Chou?" he beat me at my own question.

I shrugged, "I have no idea," I don't know where she was, or why she was missing school. She never misses, not even once. She was always here. It was weird.

Does it have anything to do with me? Or yesterday?
"What happened yesterday when she drove you home?" he sat his backpack down and I watched him for a moment and wondering if I should tell him or not. I don't think it was such a good idea, but then again, he already knew about my crush on her.

I looked around the room to make sure nobody was eavedropping.

I scooted my chair closer to his and leaned towards him, "Something happened yesterday between us," I watched as his eyes held excitement. I took a deep breath, "She told me.." I looked around once more then back at him, "She had feelings for me,"

His eyes were bigger than I've ever seen them and I thought they'd pop out of his head. "What!?" he yelled, then everyone in the room looked towards us.

Embarrassed, I covered my face behind my canvas and sat there for a minute while Hanbin was having a heart attack next to me.

I looked over at him as he was just staring at me and I wish I could punch him in the face. "You're such an idiot, and an embarrassment," he needed to know that he was and maybe, just maybe, he'd stop.

He kept staring at me and I thought I would have to revive him because I was afraid he'd stop breathing. After a moment, he finally spoke, "Are you serious?" he whispered, and I sighed then nodded. He grinned big, "Oh my God, that's so fucking cute!" he squealed and I wanted to hit my head against my canvas.

"What'd she say? How she'd say it? How'd you react? Did you kiss?" he was practically leaning in his chair as he was smothering me with question after question.

I looked around once more, "She said she had feelings for me," he nodded and didn't break eye contact. I sighed, "She basically told me to forget about the feelings because she said we couldn't let these feelings affect our teacher and student relationship," I shrugged as I watched his smile turn into a frown. I knew it broke his little heart because he was hoping for something that I hoped for also.

"Are you serious?" he looked at me with sadness and I nodded. I didn't like it anymore than he did, but it was the truth.

Sometimes the truth hurts.