"Oh I'd like a cup too please." Mavis said.

Sarah's smile faltered a bit when she informed Mavis that there was only one portion left, and that it couldn't reach the both of us.

"Adriane needs it more right now, but I promise you that I'll go back into town and get what I need to make more. It completely escaped me that we'd run out of tea." She laughed a bit at herself as she poured the last contents of the herbs into a tea bag.
She then poured a little water into the kettle and placed it on the stove to boil.

Hmm, I'd finished all the tea already? I must be drinking it more than I thought then.
I got up and added a little more water to the kettle and plopped the tea bag in it. I watched as the water turned into a nice shade of jade green and then turned the stove off.

I took two cups and poured out all the contents for both Mavis and myself. I had added more water, the brew was still as dark as it's supposed to be so I could easily share with Mavis.

I handed her cup to her and sat down. Great thing about it, it doesn't need any sweeteners, it tasted great on its own, but Mavis still added a couple teaspoons of honey.
She's always had a sweetooth.

"How's your mate doing dearie, it's been a while since I last saw him." I didn't need to look up from my piping hot cup of tea to know that Sarah was not talking to me.

Ss...

After that day, she hasn't spoken a word to me about Damon, let alone ask about him. I try not to bring him up too much either.

"He's great." I immediately saw the warmth spread in Mavis' face as she thought about James. She was really adorable sometimes.
"He's just been a bit busy with work, but he still makes out time for me, so I can't complain much." She gave a slight shrug of her shoulders.

"So what would you girls like to eat today? I feel like whipping up something." Sarah asked us after a while.

It was almost 11am now, getting close to lunch time and now the whole house had been restocked with food.
I didn't feel too hungry though since I was currently still eating some fruits and I was just about to tell her that I was fine when I looked down to take another strawberry.

Huh.

My bowl was empty.
And I just for the first time noticed that after I had handed Mavis her cup, she had moved considerably away from me. She looked at me out of the corner of her eye as I glanced between her and my empty fruit bowl.

She sat opposite me now, where the counter acted as a barrier between us.

Wise girl.

I threw the empty platsic container at her, which she dodged unsuccessfully by the way.
It still hit her shoulder instead of her head.

Just then the front door opened.

I knew at once that it was him, because my legs got up before my mind registered it.

When I walked to the living room he was standing by the door, his breathing a bit harsh. He was the same way he left, it's just that his eyes were glowing again.
A very bright blue.

His eyes landed on me immediately and he slowly walked towards me and gently pulled me into a hug.
His head burried in the crook of my neck.
It seemed like he was calming himself down, trying to take very deep breaths.

He pulled away a bit after a minute and placed a feather light kiss on my forehead. His arms were still around me and mine were still holding unto him, although I was wondering why he was suddenly so tense.