Chapter 8

I just stood there frozen, a pair of gray blue eyes staring at me. Growling and baring its canines drawing its claws as it approached me. I hid further behind the curtains only to have them ripped off leaving me exposed, shaking, scared. Pieces of cloth were stuck between its teeth after it tore the curtain. It let out one more sickening growl before it pounced on me...

"No!" I woke up in a dark room. My heart pounding out of my chest, my breathing heavy. I was sweating but I felt really cold. I wiped off some of the tears that had slipped out of my eyes as I was asleep. When I had calmed down I took in my surroundings. I was on a bed.
A bed?

I looked around and saw a window, it must be dark out, cause hardly any light came through. Then I noticed some movement with the corner of my eye and its like I saw a shadow in the corner of the room. I sat up abruptly and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes hoping to see more clearly, but the figure was gone.

"Hello? Who is there?" I tried to get out of bed but the stinging pain in my arm stopped me.
I screamed as I clutched my throbbing arm. I felt that my arm was in a cast. I started to think back and I remembered that that bitch with a fake boob job broke my arm. I sighed and fell back on the bed. Where the hell am I?

"Honey, are you alright?" A woman entered the room and flicked the light switch on making me snap my eyes shut at once.

"Oh sorry dear, you're finally awake." After I managed to open my eyes again, I saw a woman, probably in her forties sitting by my bed. She had golden blonde hair that she had held up in a bun and she was wearing a night robe. She was very beautiful and she seemed so elegant.

"I heard you scream, what's wrong?" She asked me feeling my forehead with the back of her hand. Her eyes opened a fraction and she shook her head.
"Oh goodness, you're burning up dear," turning towards the door, she called out, "Damon"

I just sat there and stared at the door, looking into an empty hallway until he walked through the door.

"Get me some painkillers will you, she's getting a fever." she said to him and he was out the door, without as much as a word or a glance in my direction. She got up after that and went to the bathroom in the room and brought back a cool wet towel and dabbed it on my face.
A fever?
Just how much damage did this girl do to my hand?

"How are you feeling dear?" She asked with a kind smile.

"Apart from the fact that my arm feels like it was just run over by a truck, I'm fine." I answered her while looking at my left arm. It was indeed in a cast and there was a sling around it. She let out a soft chuckle.

"Don't worry, the pain will eventually go away. " she smiled at me.

"Where am I?" I asked her. I was in a really nice huge room that was definitely not my cell. And I don't even remember coming here?
We were supposed to become pack members today. Where is the rest of the pack? Did they take them back to the cells?

"You are in the Alpha's house dear." she answered me.

"The Alpha's house?" I asked shocked.

"Yes, but don't get too comfortable, you won't stay here long." Damon said as he walked into the room with some pills and a cup of water. He was in only pajama bottoms and his hair was tousled up which means he had been sleeping or something.

He handed the cup and the pills to the woman, purposely avoiding me, at least, that's what it felt like.
Then he turned and walked out of the room.
I sighed looking down at my laps.

"Don't worry about him, he'll come around, just give him sometime." she said as she handed me a pill and the cup. I took them from her and smiled gratefully.
What does she mean by he'll come around? Give him time? To do what?