Chapter 66

"Get her."

Was the last thing I heard before I turned around and started my sprint back to the pack grounds.

The look on their faces alone as they turned to me was enough to have me sprinting to the hills.

I shuddered as I remembered their faces, which seemed more vivid than any other part of my dream.
It was like a pack of lions looking at a lamb in the middle of a desert during drought.
Too much?
Well that's how they looked at me.

I had to fight my way back through the thick bush which just seemed to cage me in now. Holding me back.
The twigs were literally strangling me as I pushed through.
I fell out of the bush cutting my palm open on a sharp rock, but I paid it no mind. I hurriedly got back on my feet and started running.

I literally shifted in a second and manoeuvred my way through the dense forest.

I couldn't hear the sounds of footsteps approaching me but then again, none of them were touching the ground when I saw them now were they?
That thought just seemed to add more fuel to my sprint.
I was seriously hoping they wouldn't just pop out of nowhere.

Fear spiked my limbs and made me add more speed to my run.
The journey didn't seem half this long when I was on my way here.
It seemed to be elongating.

Spots began clouding my vision, the fear of what I saw getting the best of me.
I got clear out of the forest and nothing was behind me.
At least I hoped so.
Then I allowed my wolf to guide us back home.

When I had officially made it to the pack grounds I found a tree to shift by and put on some clothes.
I leaned back against the tree to catch my breath and soothe my burning lungs. I slowly slid down the tree, the rough bark digging into the flesh of my back but I couldn't care less.

What had I just seen? Were they witches?
They seemed like.
I sat there trying to recall and analyse what I had seen. I couldn't make sense of it.
And each time I closed my eyes I saw them, a burning memory etched into the very core of my mind.

Then I woke up.
But even now, as I shut my eyes, I could still see them clearly.

And I started having a bad feeling.

All five women suspended in the air.
Reciting some awful ear piercing chant.
And their eyes. Oh goodness.
They really did seem like witches.
And they don't seem like the friendly kind.

What had they been doing?

Some form of ritual maybe.
But they had nothing there.

What were you expecting? A fire and some ancient book and a goat ready to be slaughtered?

Maybe...

But they mentioned 'blood of the Alpha.' I distinctly remembered that.
My heart stopped when I recollected that gruesome moment.
They wanted blood.
Why on earth was I dreaming up witches that wanted blood?
Have I been watching too many movies these past days? I mean, the television is always on, but I was never really paying attention to what was happening.

What did it mean?
And what could they have meant by Alpha's blood?
They couldn't possibly mean... I hoped not.
Maybe another Alpha.

My whole body actually shivered at the thought of witches using Damon as a sacrifice.
And I wondered why I was getting so worked up about a dream. It was just the effect of too many movies jumbled up in my mind.