Chapter 28

It's actually really sad when you think you're about to die and you realize that there's no one in the world that would actually miss you.

I mean, Mavis would cry a bit, but she'll get over it and so would Rose.

But then what?

Hate to admit it but my life's actually sad.

My real parents are supposedly dead, my other parents whom I have known all my life kicked me out, I do not have any other known family member.
I am literally alone.

Oh and I have a mate who wants to kill me.

You know what, I think I should welcome death.

Maybe it would be a relief from all this hassle.
I had nothing to lose.

Absolutely nothing.

I think I would have been ready for death if he did in fact come here to kill me.

What I was not ready for, and I don't think I would have ever been at that moment, was what he did instead.

At inhuman speed, which was literally so fast that my eyes couldn't catch it until it had already happened, he was in front of me, staring down at me with a burning intensity.

It was so strange, things went from super fast forward to slow motion for me within those moments.
He looked me in the eyes for a brief moment but he seemed to have held my eyes for so long.
Bright blue and glowing.

Then me made a move towards me, his hands coming up.
Fearing the worst, or anticipating something unpleasant, I shut my eyes quickly, my heart beating so fast.

Even though I'd convinced myself that I was going to be brave and take this standing, I still panicked slighlty, hence my tight grip on the umbrella that was perched against the nightstand.
I guess I was going to have to clobber my way out of this, or go down trying.

I awaited the feel of rough hard hands on me, the grip on the umbrella behind me tightening even further, and then I felt it.

But no, not hands. And definitely nothing rough or hard.
I felt soft firm lips planted on my own.

My eyes shot open as the umbrella fell from my clasp. My body limp and stiff at the same time.

He kissed me.

Damon... was actually kissing me.

I think in that moment my heart stopped beating and fell into my stomach, along with all my other organs.

I was still standing there, shell shocked, not moving at all, frozen in my thoughts.

Hands had come up to hold my cheeks as he added more force into the kiss and my eyes shut (involuntarily!) and my lips started moving out of THEIR OWN accord.

I could feel my wolf become giddy inside of me, I was feeling it too.

Mmhmm....

He took that as a go ahead and he proceeded to throw me on the bed.

He followed immediately, not giving me a second to reconsider or even breathe, and he was on me again.

It was a rough kiss but hey, I wasn't complaining.
And his lips felt so soft against mine, it seemed like the most natural thing for us to do.

Something had taken control over him, I knew that for sure, because Damon would never do this.

But it was like something was taking control over me too.
Because I would never do this. Right?

Oh yes we would.

My limbs were no longer in my control, or at least that's what it felt like, or I told myself, so I really couldn't stop my hands from moving up to his hair and just running my hands through the silky strands.
His hair was so soft and I think I enjoyed doing that a bit too much.

He let out a low animalistic growl and then he bit my lip.

I wanted to say 'auch' but I couldn't, I was in the middle of something so instead I let out a small gasp, but it didn't stop him, he just deepened the kiss. And I was molten.

Is it bad that I felt good, I mean I shouldn't, right?

His hands slid, rather quickly, to my white button up shirt and he ripped it open.

He actually ripped it causing some or most of the buttons to pop off the shirt.

To hell with buttons! They're just a meaningless waste of time.

He slid the shirt from under me and threw it behind him, leaving me in just my bra and jeans. I could feel his warm hands as they roamed my skin making it feel like it was on fire.

He kept kissing me and then he moved down to start kissing my neck, giving me time to breathe, and think unfortunately.
But his lips on my skin weren't enabling me to have any clear train of thought.
I couldn't get past, 'what are we even doing?'

He was now nibbling slightly on my neck as his teeth grazed my skin.

A sound came out of my mouth which I refuse to call a moan but would generally be considered as one.
Then he got to a particular spot which he didn't let go of.

He kept kissing that spot till he suddenly stopped.
He stopped all movement completely.

Confused and a bit flustered, I turned my head slightly towards him and looked at him.

His eyes were even brighter now and he was just looking at the spot on my shoulder which was already turning dark.

He opened his mouth at a slightly large angle and I was confused for a moment but when I saw his canines elongate I knew exactly what was happening.

And I froze to the spot.

Okay, this was unexpected.

Is he trying to mark me? Actually mark me?

Its not like he hasn't mentioned it before, though.

But still.

Now?

Like this?

He had a determined look on his face which I didn't really want to argue with.

But do I want this?

Do I really want him to mark me?

Yes, we do, now shut up.

There was no going back on this, and I didn't think I was ready just yet. Not with how things were between us.
Not yet.

But what if this fixes everything?

What if it doesn't?

I felt his sharp canines grazing the soft skin on my neck before I had the time to make a decision or gather the courage to push him off me.
I wasn't sure what I wanted.

I bit down on my lip to stop any scream that may or may not come out.

But it never did.

It all happened so fast afterwards.

Within a second I heard rushed footsteps in the room.

Then there was a gunshot.
Then another three shots.

And before I knew it Damon collapsed on top of me, unconscious.

No!

~~~

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Thanks for reading!!!
Sharon S.