Level 31

PrinceOfHearts' POV

I don't think I had ever driven so fast in my life. The feeling in my chest was a foreign one. I wasn't used to being this anxious but I was. We had just seen Jason earlier that day. How could something like that happen so fast? Jason was fine a couple of hours ago. Once I got there I saw Jordan and Andy pull up. They were looking as rough as I felt.

"Do you know where they are?" I asked as I ran up to them.

"Yeah, ICU but only family can see him right now." Jordan said as we sped into the hospital. "We'll just have to stay in the waiting room."

"Maybe I shouldn't have come?"

"What?" I looked over to Andy.

"Anya and I had a fight and-"

"Are you really worried about Anya right now? No one is going to care about that. Jason is in an intensive care unit!" I couldn't hold back my anger.

"Dude he fuck another girl." Jordan said right outside the entrance.

"You what?!" I stopped on a dime and looked at him. "You sly motherfucker. Who was it?"

"Why aren't you mad at me?"

"You guys weren't dating."

"I told you man!" Jordan gave me a high five. "Playing the field my brother, playing the field."

Andy started to pout. "Whatever let's just get in there."

Personally, I hated being in hospitals. They were way too sterile and the smell almost knocked me out. Felix had been here multiple times due to football or dumb things him and his friends would do when they were drinking. I looked around at the familiar waiting area near the ICU. It was weird to just stay out here for it. I usually was in the room with Felix as my aunt lectured him on being responsible. I pulled out my phone and smiled that I was smart enough to bring a charger and my headphones with me. I starting scrolling through all my pictures of Kelli and I. I was shocked to see how many I had taken with Jason as well. We had gotten really close over the months that Kelli and I dated. I was over there almost all the time since Kelli also became my person tutor. I got a pit in my stomach when I saw Mr. Jacob rush into the waiting room. He walked right up to the desk.

"I need to see my son."

"What's his name sir?

"Jason Lodger."

I looked over to Andy. "I though Kelli's last name was Herbert?

"That's her mom's maiden name, she legally changed it as soon as the divorce happened."

"I'll have someone come and get you as soon as you can sir. He is stable but we can only have two people back there right now and your wife and daughter are already there."

"Ex-wife."

"Oh, I'm so sorry sir."

"It's okay." He turned around and for the first time since he barreled in the building he saw us. He tried to force a little smile. "Hey guys."

"Hello Mr. Jacob." I stood up and shook his hand.

"Hey Taylor. Thanks for coming. I'm sure Kel will be glad to see you." He looked over to Andy. "Adam?"

"Andy."

"I was close." He chuckled a little. "And you are?"

"Jordan. I'm another one of Kelli's friends but we all play online with Jason quite a bit."

"I see. Who knew my kids were so popular."

As I was going to say something Anya ran inside. She looked wet, like it had started to rain. "Guys!" She ran over. "What's up? How is he?"