Level 4

I didn't like driving and I didn't like the mall. I didn't like listening to the regular radio and all at once I was driving to the mall with the top 40s on while Anya was talking about some people at school.

"Did I do something to make you not like me?"

My heart skipped a beat. Come on Kelli. Say something. "No. I'm just..."

"Shy?" she said casually. I shook my head. "One of my good friends from back home was super shy too. You remind me of her, except you don't look like you do voodoo in your closet." We both started laughing. "So Kelli. What do you do for fun around here?"

"I usually just play video games."

"That's cool. I use to play video games with my friends but I was never too good. One of my friends was on a team and they competed and stuff. It was really cool."

"That's what I do." I said.

"Oh what's your team called?"

"The Name Gang. It's an inside joke."

"That's really cool!!" When we finally got to the mall Anya got out and straightened her dress she was wearing. I got out too and locked my car twice. "So let's talk boys. Does that Felix guy have a girlfriend?"

"No I don't think so."

"So that red headed girl and him aren't together?"

"No that's Amber, she's dating Taylor." Even saying his name made my heart beat speed up.

"But you like him don't you?"

I shook my head. She smiled. "What?" I felt like it was barely audible. I couldn't even speak right.

"Honestly I think you are much prettier than that Amber chick. She's a try hard. You can call it from a mile away." We walked into the mall and she looked around. "Is there a Forever 21 here?" I nodded and lead the way. "I really want a new dress." She said looking at the clearance rack. "Usually they have really cheap stuff here but it's all luck." I looked around the store making sure no one was coming towards us. As my eyes went to door I saw a familiar letterman jacket and a ripped up red and black flannel. I turned around and looked down at the sale rack next to Anya's. "What's wrong?" she looked over to the door. "Ooooooo girl you got it bad!!" she said lowly and poked my side. I wiggled a little, but I was happy. She was like any girl from any movie, normal and fun. And for some reason she wants to be friends with me. As I was looking at the rack I heard footsteps coming closer.

"Hey." I looked behind me to see Felix leaning on the rack Anya was looking at. He clearly didn't notice me.

"Hi." Anya said calmly.

"Aren't you new here?"

"Yeah just moved here a couple days ago."

"I'm Felix. What's your name?"

"Anya."

"That's a pretty name."

"Felix is cool too. Like PewDiePie." I stopped looking through the racks and starting listening more intently.

"Oh shit you know who that is?"

"Yeah, doesn't like, everyone?"

"Gamer girl?"

"I know a little." I could hear a smile in her voice.

"Rad...so hey, listen. I was thinking maybe you want to go on a date sometime? Maybe dinner? Tonight? Tomorrow?"