When I got closer to him, I could make out the reason for his odd behavior. It made my stomach turn. I also wondered why he'd gone all the way to the skatepark to do the xans he'd had stashed in his car.

   "Malachi.." I knelt down and touched his cheek, he felt clammy but not cold. He also responded to my touch by looking up at me, tiredly.

   "What the fuck.. You're at my house." I wanted to laugh at him.

   "I was gonna come sleep here because we had really awesome sex, and then you just left. And your brother found me while I was crying, and he knows about us. I didn't tell him, he just kind of came in while I was naked." Man, talking to him when he was fucked up was easy. I knew he wouldn't be able to hit me or be mad about it.

   "Yea, man. I'm real sorry about that. I just got to thinking about like.. Scary shit." He leaned back, and grabbed my arm, pulling me down beside him. I settled in, and felt somehow comfortable enough to let his head fall on my shoulder.

   "Like what?" I asked, genuinely concerned for him for some reason.

   "Like you." I pulled away slightly so I could look at him in confusion.

   "What do you mean?" I asked, settling back into my previous spot.

   "You're a scary fucking person. You told me you'd be different, but I didn't know it would be like that. I always wanted to feel like that, but I didn't think it would be with you. I've never wanted someone like that before. I'm scared because I wanna do it again, and that means that I'm a f.." He cut himself off, and changed his words mid-sentence, "Not straight. And I couldn't get that image of you out of my head. You had that look on your face, and you kept thanking me and I just wanted to make you fucking feel good. So I bought some Xans and crushed them up along with that coke and snorted it." He laughed at the last part, even though I didn't find it funny. This wasn't the Malachi I knew. This person was much too honest.

   "Having sex with me doesn't make you gay, Mal. You could be bi or something." I offered, but he just shook his head.

   "I'm not. I don't want girls. I don't even want guys, Zach." He laughed, sounding like he would fall asleep any second. "I've never had an urge to sleep with someone more than once, but I did today. Right before I left, I was gonna ask if you wanted to stay the night. The only person I fucking want is you." I couldn't believe what I was actually hearing him say. It felt like it had all happened so fast. "Dude, let me kiss you. Like right here, cause no one's around, yea?" He asked, turning to look at me. He suddenly looked a lot less tired high, which made me feel conflicted.

"You realize you're acting insane right now, yeah?" I asked him, leaning forward and planting an experimental kiss on his forehead. He didn't stop me.

"That's cause I am insane, baby. I thought you figured that out earlier." Mal said, causing me to chuckle some.

"I did..." I smiled at him then, feeling strangely comfortable. "But you know I like that about you." I took a risk saying I liked him, I felt. Because I thought maybe he was less fucked up than I'd thought, but he ended up surprising me again.

"Nah, Zach. You love that about me. Say it right." His tone made a feeling from earlier creep through my veins.

"I absolutely adore that about you, Malachi." I chewed on my lip due to habit, and he took notice. He inhaled some before sitting up, pulling away from me completely so he could look at me fully.

"Can you promise me that nothing I will say or do to you will ever make you uncomfortable? You said earlier that I never had to hide who I was with you. You said you loved me. I mean, you made that comment about me being a killer. Then you slept with me. I know you're into me, but I need to know if you really feel how you think you do." Once again, it felt so weird to hear him talk like that. Also the fact that he acknowledged the killer comment finally, made me slightly uneasy.