Waiting

********************************************
Hey guys, I apologize for my crappy ability to keep with a schedule. Next week I have off from school, so I'll probably update two or three times during the week. I'm thinking of starting a story thing where it's one-shots that I write, do you guys think it's a good idea?
********************************************
Gabriel PoV

After the angels had gotten back from their "little supermarket adventure", as Gabriel had taken to calling it in his mind, they knocked on the Winchesters' room door. "Sam, Dean, are you in there?" he called out, trying to talk more like Cas. Turning to his brother, he asked, "Should we just go ahead and go in?"

"Perhaps we should give them a chance to open the door rather than ten seconds," Cas said with a small grin. After waiting for a few minutes, Gabriel snapped his fingers and a key appeared. "What is that?" Cas asked him.

"Sammy-boy gave me his key to their room in case he didn't wake up early enough," Gabriel responded, leaving out how Sam had also said to use it whenever he likes while looking at Gabriel with what he had hoped was a flirty look. As he turned the key in the lock, he felt Cas staring at him. "What is it, Cas?", he sighed.

"It seems that there is more to that story than you are telling, Gabriel," Cas responded. 'Are you kidding me?' He thought, 'Cas doesn't need to know about Sam basically inviting me into the room whenever I want. Was he implying something? Does Cas know and is just trying to get me to admit it? And Cas is talking, I should probably listen.'

"So, Gabriel, what's the extended version of this story you aren't telling me?" Cas asked.

"It's nothing, Sam just said I could use the key whenever I needed him for as long as we're here," Gabriel told him, pushing open the door. Facing the empty room, he sighed and walked to the bed he knew Sam had slept in. Not like he had watched him, making sure Sam slept peacefully for at least an hour. Okay, maybe he did. But the kid deserved at least an hour of peace considering all the shit he has to deal with. As he passed Dean's nightstand, he noticed the note on top of it. "Hey Cas, it's a note from your boyfriend," Gabriel called over to him, pointing at the nightstand.

Walking over to the nightstand, Cas muttered about how Gabriel could at least control all the boyfriend comments he makes. 'It's not like Cas doesn't want it to happen,' Gabriel thought. 'And I know Dean wants it to happen too. I don't know why those two haven't gotten together yet, it's been years! But then again, that's the same for me and Sammy. Cas is lucky everyone can tell that Dean has the hots for him, I don't know if Sammy's even into me like that.'

"So, what happened to our favorite hunters, baby bro?" Gabriel called to Cas from his spot, now laying down on Sam's bed.

"It seems that they've gone researching a new case," Cas said, "they said they won't be back for about an hour, but who knows how long ago they left the note."

"Well, they obviously left after we went to the supermarket because the Impala was still in the lot when we left," Gabriel told him. "We just need to sit back and wait for them to come back." Gabriel snapped his fingers and a chocolate bar appeared in his hand. Opening the wrapper, he proceeded to eat it, thinking about how Sam would disapprove.

"So, we just wait here then, that's it?" Cas asked, watching Gabriel as he continued to eat on Sam's bed.

"Yeah, there isn't exactly much else that we can do," Gabriel told him. Looking at his candy bar, he began to imagine how Sam would look eating candy. 'That would be a freakin miracle. That kid never eats candy,' he thought. 'I wonder what Sam and Dean are really doing, they never take so long on researching.' As he was thinking (there wasn't really much else to do and his brother wasn't the greatest conversationalist), the door to the motel room was unlocked. Gabriel snapped his fingers, and the food that he and Cas had bought became laid out on the counter that was in the small kitchen. He went to go sit on Dean's bed so it wouldn't be as suspicious, and just as he sat, the door opened and Dean walked in, followed by Sam.