~24~

Edited September 2023

🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

"Hey, Addy you going to audition for Grease?" Artie ask.

"Yes and I'm really excited," I told them. 

It was really exciting, I haven't had a shot, I mean I waited patiently to get one of the main roles last year and it's finally happening. I still wasn't sure between Rizzo, Cha-cha, and Sandy but hey, we'll figure it out. 

I was walking to class when I saw Tommy waiting at our shared table. "Hey."

"Hey," I said smiling. 

"You look happy."

"It's Grease," I said smiling at him. 

Tommy smiled and let out a chuckle. "Right your undying love for musicals. So what part are you going for?"

"Well, I can definitely pull off Cha-Cha, then there's Rizzo and Sandy. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure who I want to play."

"Sandy," Tommy answered. "You'd be a perfect Sandy."

"Thanks," I said. 

"Thomas," the same cheerio from the other day landed against his side of the table. 

I looked away when she leaned down and kissed him. Tommy pulled back almost flinching away. Weird. but not my place. 

I opened my book and saw a message from Sebastian. I smiled and opened my phone quickly seeing his message. 

text me when it's time for the audition. 

I smiled and texted him when my audition was. Class began as I picked up my pencil and began taking notes. 

🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

I was walking to the auditorium looking at the music I'd been working on and stopped when someone stood in front of me. I looked up and smiled. 

"Sebastian!" I said jumping up and hugging him. 

He chuckled and lifted me up then placed me down so he could kiss me. I smiled and kissed him back. Butterflies were fluttering in my stomach. 

"I told you I'd come," He said pulling back an inch. 

"Thank you," I said grinning ear to ear. "This means the world to me."

"Come on." He said leaning down and kissing me before pulling back and taking my hand. "Let's go kick some ass and show them a real star."

I walked onto the stage and Blaine and Sebastian were off to the side of the stage watching me. Artie, Finn, Mercedes, and Mike were doing the auditions. I didn't notice until I was standing in the middle of the stage that  Marley and Unique. were on the opposite side, my brother and boyfriend. 

"Ready?" Finn said.

"Guess so," I said nervously.

"Whenever you are ready," Artie said.

I chose to do this song without a mic because I needed to practice without one. My uncle said I had a powerful voice and I shouldn't be afraid to sing my heart out. 

"My name is Adaline Anderson and I'll be singing Never Enough from The Greatest Showman," I said. 

I glance back at the band I nod and they start then I look back at everyone. 

{Note: I know this came out way later than 2012 but, hush, pretend it did.}