~2~

This is kinda going to go fast. But don't skip anything, these next few chapters will set the premise of the story. Once I go into the third season that's when I will slow down a bit but this year will go by fast(ish). Anyways enjoy!

Edited April 2023

🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

There was no biggie. You've done auditions before Adaline. This is nothing, hell they might have found members and hate your guts then kick you out. No problem. 

That was all I was thinking about while walking in the halls and towards the choir room where the Glee club resided. Just even seeing through the window I saw everyone sitting down and talking amongst each other. 

Taking one final deep breath and mucking up my strength I walked into the choir room that's when then the teacher looked at me when I was there.

"Hi," he said smiling at me. "Can we help you?"

"Oh hey," Finn said standing up and walking over. "Mr. Shue this is Adeline, she's thinking about auditioning."

That made everyone turn and look at me. Good like I need more of an audience. 

Just breathe Adeline. You'll be fine. 

"Of course, please." The teacher said taking a seat. "When you're ready."

Finn walked over with me as I place my bag on the piano then he went to sit beside Rachel. I glanced at everyone in the room. Great not only was I auditioning for the teacher I was practically going through a whole panel that bring everyone into the club itself. I don't think that is practical but whatever. 

"Hello my name is Adaline Anderson," I said introducing myself. "But my family and friends call me Addy."

"Have you been in show choir before?" Mr. Shue asked.

"I have," I replied. "ten since elementary. Gone to regionals, and been to nationals at least half of those years."

"Do you dance?" Rachel asked. 

"I do," I answered. "I've been in ballet since I was three. Competed even."

"We know," Kurt said smiling all too happily. "I saw your performance in Pittsburgh online and it was beautiful."

I smiled and felt a bit more comfortable. "I know how to read music, I play piano and the violin. My grandfather has thought me since I was six." I could see them growing more impressed. "Honestly, I'm just here to test the waters. I've been through the routine before and I'm not completely sure if I want to dive back into of this yet. Or if I can manage it with everything else I have going on."

"It's okay, show us what you got."

I went to the center of the room and nodded toward the band too. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before jumping into the words.

Heart don't fail me now, Courage don't desert me, Don't turn back now that we're here. 

I reopened my eyes and saw everyone smile at me. 

People always say, Life is full of choices, No one ever mentions fear. Or how the world can seem so vast on a journey to the past.