~17~

Note: April 2023 rewrite--added a new scene. Hope you like it. 

Happy reading!

April 2023

🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

Tina was ranting right now about not getting a solo. What the hell? She walks out and then Mike and Rachel went after her. 

I walk out once the bell rang. I went to my locker and saw Tina whose locker was five down from mine.  I opened it and looked at a photo I had of me, Blaine, and Cooper. another or me and Tina, Mercedes, Brittany, and Santana. Another of me and Sebastian. And one more of me and Kenny. There was also a schedule of my dance practices.

"Addy, you think I deserve a solo right?" she asks me out of nowhere. 

I look at her and grabbed my last book before closing my locker. "Um.. for nationals, no, but everything else-"

"That's not fair, I have sat in the back of the choir room for three years while everyone has had their solos. You're supposed to be my friend and back me up as I did for you. What your boyfriend got you filling-"

"Hey!" I said cutting her off. "I've been here for two and not one of you guys cares to acknowledge me either. I've never got a solo Tina, ever. You got one at Sectionals, and guess how many I got, none. Why because I know it's not my time Tina. As much as we don't like it we need our best out there performing. Rachel needs this, and we need her to win I am respecting that. And leave my boyfriend out of this."

"Oh please, it was obvious he was blackmailing Rachel at regionals so you can get a solo."

"If Rachel did drop I wouldn't be exactly the first in line to get that solo, there are the other girls to consider."

"You keep saying that but everyone still would give it to you. You're just as good as her."

"The difference is I don't care whether I get it or not."

Tina scoffed. "Then you're lying to yourself. Some friend you are."

I walk away and I'm pretty sure that I just made it worse, but I'm seriously not in the mood to fight even more with Tina.

We'd never gotten into an argument like this. She was the one person I counted on to talk to. 

🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

"And then she said 'Some friend you are'," I told Sebastian who was sitting on the edge of his bed while I was pacing in his room. "I mean I'm not selfish and I hate fighting with her, but she is acting like she deserves this moment to shine. I mean, she's said them before but never had exploded them out and lashed at everyone and threatened to quit. I love her, and I can tolerate her crazy but this was just... ugh."

"Come here," Sebastian said taking my hand and pulling me close so that I was sitting on his lap. "Deep breathe." 

I took a deep breath. His hand began soothing my back as I pouted. "Sorry, you probably weren't expecting this."

"It's okay. Look, I'm sure you and Tina will work this over like you always do. You just need to focus on winning because I rather our loss be because you guys are really good."

I smiled and brushed his hair back. "Fine, I guess I worry about our final number for nationals then?"

"Why would you be worried about that?" He asked confused. 

"We're wearing welding helmets and leg warmers while some of the members are going to use welding machines to create sparks..."

"Wow."