Chapter 7: Treehouse

(Hi! I am back. Please don't kill me. Again. It is 6:36 am, 11 Jan. So, I hope you enjoyed the last chapter. (Even though it was super sad). So I hope you like this chap. I don't have that many ideas for this one though. Enjoy!)

Annabeth POV

Ugh. Why is my body on fire? I groaned and opened my eyes. "Am I dead?" I said to no one at all. "No, sweetie." A nurse entered the room. "You're alive."
"What happened?" I asked
"We were hoping you could tell us." She answered.
"Oh." I said as everything came back to me. "I don't really want to talk about it right now."
"That's alright honey." The nurse smiled. "There are some people here to see you."
People here to see me? I smiled and leaned back in the pillows just as the door burst open.

"Where is she?!" I heard someone yell.
The nurse pointed to me and the person came into view. She hugged me so tight I thought my bones were going to break. "I'm okay Thalia." I whispered. She let me go and gave me a sisterly kiss on the cheek. "Don't ever do that again." I smiled and got attacked by another person. "You're okay!" I grinned and hugged her back.
"Of course, I am Bee."
She gave me another sisterly kiss on the cheek and then the adults came in. "Oh God!" Sally cried. She came and hugged me and I smiled. This was a motherly hug. She kissed my forehead and Hera came and did the same.

"How are you doing Annabeth?" Zeus asked gently.
"I'm better." I said gently sitting up. I moved my leg and flinched. They looked at me, concerned. I forced a smile and they calmed down a bit. A doctor came in and introduced himself. "I am Doctor Will Solace." he said. "So Annabeth, you are free to leave in a few hours and are allowed to go to school. You need to take it easy. If you have trouble breathing you have to tell the nearest person. They will help you calm down. Okay?" I nodded. "Also, the police are here to talk with you if that's okay." I nodded again and a few policemen came into the room. I noticed one of them kept a good distance from Thalia. She was glaring at him. I wonder what that's about.

"Hi Annabeth." One man said. "I am officer Tim. Can you tell us what happened?" I nodded and started explaining, Thalia and Bianca chirping in occasionally. "Their names?" A policewoman asked.
"Luke Castellan and Gabe Ugliano," I replied. "Also, I know who killed my mother, Athena Chase."
The police looked up at me quickly. "You do?"
I nodded once more. "It was the same two men."
The police nodded gravely then smiled at me. "Thanks, Annabeth. We'll leave you alone now."
They left and I looked at my two friends. "Well, I'll be back at school tomorrow. Good thing right?"
They said nothing.
"Oh, come on you two!" I exclaimed. "Relax a bit."

"We're just worried," Bianca explained.
"You were shot six times and you're going to school tomorrow," Thalia added.
"I'll be careful," I promised.
They looked like they wanted to argue so instead I asked, "You didn't tell my parents, did you?"
They shook their heads and I breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks."

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo-le-line-break-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

I squeezed my eyes shut as I was hit over and over again. "That'll teach you to burn my toast," Helen said.
Dad slapped me again. "You do that again, I kill you."
I nodded and they went out the room. I groaned and looked at the time. 15 minutes to get to school. It was the day after I had left the hospital and Helen and dad shortly arrived after I went back home. The twins were already at school so I heaved myself up and trudged to the bathroom. I wiped the blood of and applied the makeup.

I faked a smile and looked at myself in the mirror.
The loneliest people are the kindest.
The saddest people smile the brightest.
The most damaged people are the wisest.
All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do.
And I am them all.