Chapter 4: The Band

(A/N: Hope you enjoyed the previous chapter. I am writing this on the second of January 2020. I think that's what I'll start doing, writing the date, so all of you know how long I take to write this specific chapter. Hope you all enjoy!)

Thalia POV

"Annabeth?" I shook the girl by her shoulders. "Annabeth?!"
"W-what?" She mumbled.
I sighed in relief. "We lost you for a second there."
Everyone was staring at her and I sat down. Annabeth didn't join me though.
"I don't feel too good." She said staggering around.
"Annabeth." Bianca said. "What's wrong?"
She put her hand out on the wall. "I'm dizzy."
"Zoe, go get the nurse." the teacher instructed.
"I'm f-fine." My friend said before her eyes rolled back and she crumpled to the floor.

"Annabeth!" Bianca screamed. Both of us ran to our friend unconscious on the floor.
I put my fingers on her neck and tried finding a pulse. "There's no pulse!" I cried looking at the teacher. She ran down beside us and tried looking for a pulse too. She cursed. "Where's the nurse?!"

I tried searching for a pulse on her wrist and managed to find one. It was really tiny, but it was there. "I found one!" I said. The teacher looked relieved but still far from calm. Bianca put her ear over Annabeth's mouth. "She's breathing really lightly," Bianca reported.

"I'm here." The nurse said coming into the room. She took one look at Annabeth and opened her back. She fiddled with a few items until, "Oh my goodness." She said. "Who's her friend?" Me and Bianca raised our hands.
"Haven't you been watching what she eats? This girl's being starved. And she's dehydrated too."
I paled. Starved? By now the whole class was watching as the nurse tried in vain to get some oxygen to our friend. "She's extremely low on oxygen." She said as she stopped pressing Annabeth's chest. "Someone's got to do mouth to mouth."

"Wouldn't it be weird for a girl to do it?" Someone pointed out.
The nurse nodded.
"Well someone's got to do something!" Bianca shrieked. "If you don't hurry up then she'll die."
I took a look at my cousins and brother. They were all quite shocked. I went up to Percy and grabbed him by the ear. "Do it." I ordered.
He stared at me in disbelief. "W-what?"

"It's partly your fault anyway." Bianca said. "So, do it."
"You both owe me." He said.
"Just do it."
And he did. Very quickly if I may add. He pulled away, but Annabeth didn't move. "Isn't she supposed to like, get up now?" Nico asked.

We all looked at the nurse, she looked confused. I pushed my way past everyone and tried looking for a pulse. "No, no, no, no." I couldn't find one.
"Thalia?" Jason asked.
I put my ear over my friends mouth too try hear some breathing. None. "No. NO!" I looked at everyone. "I can't find a pulse." I whispered.
"She has to have a pulse." Bianca said. She tried too. A minute passed. "No." She cried. "That- that can't be right. There has to be a pulse." She looked at everyone. "Right?"
"Do it again Percy. Please." He took one look at Annabeth and didn't argue. I guess when a person's life is at stake, you pull your brain cells together. He did it again but nothing happened.

The nurse checked her pulse again. "She's gone." She whispered. Me and Bianca started crying. It wasn't a great moment, but I didn't care. All of us closed our eyes until we heard a gasp followed by some horrible retching coughing. We opened our eyes to find Annabeth leaning on her arm, coughing the life out of her. We all stared in disbelief. "You all look like someone just died." She said.

"Annabeth!" I screamed jumping on her and hugging her. Bianca did the same. "You're alive!"
She looked confused. "Why wouldn't I be?"
We explained everything to her. She looked at Percy in disbelief who was standing sheepishly. "Thank you." She said to him, looking him in the eye and giving him a genuine smile.
"Don't expect me to do it again." He said.
Annabeth laughed. "I'm not dying anytime soon." And then she added, "Hopefully."