Chapter Nine

Recap

"Evil is evil, Stregobor. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. I'm not judging you. I haven't only done good in my life either. But now, if I have to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all." (Mic drop)

And with that said, we both leave the 'Garden of Eden 2.0'.

When we both walk out through the doors of the tower, Geralt stops me with his arm.

He scrunched his eyebrows with a little aggravation. "I told you not to talk to anyone."

I give him a confused look and nod my head from side to side disagreeing with him. "No I didn't."

A small gasp of realization leaves my lips as If I understood him. He's referring to my hair. "One of the women asked if she could braid my hair. I only nodded my head. It's called body language." I said with a 'duh' tone while rolling my eyes with a smirk.

With all jokes aside, I ask with nervousness in my voice. "Do you not like it?"

He stared at me for a good ten seconds before turning away from me with a face void of any emotion.

I look down at my hands a tad disappointed. And sad? But why? I barely know this man. I wonder what goes on in his head sometimes.

Geralt and I fetch roach and start to make our way through the village again.

He seems a bit irritated that I'm following him, but I need answers. I keep finding myself at a dead end when it comes to me trying to find my way home. Knowing that the witcher travels a lot, following him would up my chances of going back to my cozy apartment and crazy dancer life.

Speaking of dancing, it's been a while since I've professionally moved to a good beat. Back at Lyria, I would dance in my room all the time, but that's stopped ever since I left the town.

Me and Geralt leave the crowded town and enter a forest nearby. We have not said a word to each other, but the silence was soothing. Now I get why he doesn't talk a lot.

I hear a flow of water near us and we eventually find ourselves at a creek.

Geralt hands me his horse's leash and kneels down by the active water. I turn to face the horse to pet and sooth him.

I then feel another person's presence near us. Alarmed, I quickly drew my bow and aimed an arrow at the intruder. My eyes land on a girl with short brown hair and brown eyes. She doesn't seem to be threatening us, so I lower down my weapon.

"Sorry, it's a habit." I tell her not really meaning the apology.

She looks at me a little annoyed that I almost shot her and then proceeded to stand near Geralt.

Does she know him? I bet they slept together. Thinking that just irritates me and I don't know why, which irritates me even more.

I ignore their conversation and avert my gaze back to Roach and start to groom him with a brush I obtained out of the witchers saddle bag. Hope he doesn't mind.

My mind steared away from my thoughts when I heard that Renfri was raped and killed the man that was sent to kill her. I kinda feel bad, but it's not really my business to get into.

She then asks the witcher to kill Stragebor and then says something about the lesser evil. This girl definitely needs a relaxing vacation, or a spa day.

I sigh quietly and put the brush back into the bag. I really wish to go to a spa, but I don't think those exist here. I chuckle internally. Maybe I'll start a business of my own.

Geralt says his last words to Renfri then took the horse's leather leash and headed away from the creek.

Not looking back at the woman, I followed closely behind him further into the forest.

After a bit of walking, Geralt slows down his steps into a hault.

"What do you want from me?" He says.

He then turns around and walks towards me, leaving about a foot between us. He looks into my eyes staring into my soul, and by the way he was looking at me, I could tell that he's very annoyed with my presence and treats it like I'm extra baggage. Which I probably am, and I admit, I can be a handful sometimes.

I slightly frown at him and suddely find the ground interesting at the moment.

Should I tell him where I'm really from? I mean, people fear him and he basically kills for a living, but deep down through that hard exterior he puts up, I know that he is a good person. He also might help me find someone to bring me back home, or in his case 'get rid of me'. But what if he thinks I'm crazy and then trys to kill me? I think I'm skilled enough to at least get away from him if that happens. I'll take my chances.

My mind then settled on a decision. I look away from the ground and, with confidence, look back into his golden eyes. Those golden eyes from my dreams before I met him.

"My name is Arabella and I am not from Lyria, or this world. My real home is in New York City and I need your help on getting me back."

I keep my head held high not showing any weakness and try to find any reaction from the witcher.

My words finally soaked into him and his face scrunches up slighty with straight up confusion.

"What?"

So I'm enlisting in the military next week. Wish me luck! 🤞🏼 also, it's not active duty where I work everyday, so I'll definitely have time to continue with this book. I purple you all!💜