It looked over at me, it changed his mood from thoughtful to happy and said to me, "Well, apparently your the one who brought me back. I'm guessing you probably don't know who I am if you shook my hand. The name's Bill Cipher. And I'm guessing your Y/N."

Startled, I respond, "How did you know my name!?"

Bill laughed, "Oh I know lots of things, I guess I should thank you. So, thanks! But, I better be off now!" He (at least, I think it's a he) turned around and then more seriously added, "I have some business to attend to..."

He then began to rise up and glow, "Reality is and illusion! The universe is a hologram! Buy gold, Bye!" He threw his arms into the air and became so bright it just looked like a bright yellow triangle floating in the sky. I squinted and then-

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing happened.

Bill just was floating there with his arms in the air. He looked just as confused as I was. He looked down at me. And, in less than a second, he appeared in front of me.

"Are you doing this?" He asked, poison dripping from his unnatural voice. "Are you stopping me from leaving?"

"N-no!" I stuttered. "Like I said, all I did was shake the statue's hand and there you were."

He closed his eye in thought, then snapped it open in realization. "Ugh," he groaned. "Of course. Look, kid, it looks like we're just going to be great pals."

I deadpanned, "Uh, I don't understand."

"You see," he began, "I was condemned to that statue by a friend of mine, and I'm guessing part of that deal must've meant whoever shook my statue's hand... Well, it means that my soul is connected to theirs."

I had a nagging feeling as to what that meant, but I still asked, "And that means..."

"...Means that I'm basically attached to your soul, meaning where ever you go..."

"You come with."

Bill's eye squinted to make it look like he was smiling, even though he was mouth-less. "Well look at that! We're already finishing each other's sentences!"

I frown at his joke, "So basically, your just going to barge into my life and I have no say against it?"

"Yep, and you better get used it. There are going to be a lot of things your going to have no say against because of me!"

I sat up against a tree and put my hand up to my forehead. What was I supposed to do? I now had some sort of demon that is going to follow me around, and could do nothing about it. I didn't even know who this guy was other than his name. I would never be alone,  he would always be there. Wait, would Mabel and Dipper see Bill?

"Am I the only who can see you?" I asked.

"Yeah, if I want you to see me," He responded. "And don't worry, because of the bond of our souls, nobody else can see me unless I enter their dreams. By the way, I'm a Dream Demon. It might be easier to understand some of the things I do. Like how I can go into other people's dreams."

"So, I was right. You're a demon."

"The best kind!" He said proudly.

I smiled, maybe I could find a way to live with this guy.

"You won't, like, watch me while I'm asleep, changing, or anything like that?" I asked.

"The sleeping part, well isn't that my job?" He responded. "But, don't worry, I can go at least thirty-five feet away, basing off of how far I got when I attempted to leave earlier, so I probably will just leave the room. I mean, I may not be the best, but I'm not a pedophile."

"The first part worries me, but at least I don't have to worry about being raped by a triangle."

"Oh ha ha," Bill said, annoyed.

I chuckle, "So, will you always be there?"

"Well, I might be in the mindscape at times, so you won't see me. But, yes, I will always be there, watching."

"That definitely makes me feel like I have privacy," I mumbled sarcastically.

"What? I told you I wasn't going to watch you change."

I ignored his response and asked, "Wait, why aren't you just killing me? Wouldn't it break this soul binding thing?"

"Ah, well, I wish it were that way," He begun.

"That doesn't make me feel any better." I added.

"But," Bill continued. "You see, our souls are connected, so that means our life forces are as well. If you die, I die."

"Oh, well that's just peachy."

Bill 'smiled', "You like your sarcasm, don't you?"

I shrug, "It's the language of teen."

"Hm," Bill responded, amused.

"So," I said, standing up, "It's quite late,and if either Mabel or Dipper get up to go to the bathroom or something, they'll notice that I'm not there. Then they'll come and look for me. If I leave now, hopefully they won't know that I'm gone."

Bill looked off into the distance in thought when I mentioned Dipper and Mabel. Did they know each other? Maybe this could relate to the maybe-pocolypse . But, I decided, I would ask about it later. Bill snapped out of it in a few seconds.

"Let's get going then," Bill said. We began to walk back to the Shack, well Bill floated, but I walked.

As we walked, I asked Bill questions. Like, where did he come from? How did he get stuck inside a statue? Who condemned him to it? All of them deflected and answered with an answer that basically restated what he had already told me.  By the time we had gotten back to where I was staying, I had come to an understanding that I wasn't getting anything out of Bill.

I was relieved that Mabel an Dipper were still asleep. I got under the covers and saw Bill just floating there.

"Uh," I said, quietly. "You can just leave the room, go to the mindscape, or something. Because it's kinda creepy having you just stare at me."

"Fine, fine," Bill said putting his hands up in defeat. "I'll just go to the mindscape." And he faded away into nothingness. Yes, I did know he probably was watching me right now, but at least I didn't have to watch him watch me. It was a matter of minutes until I finally went to sleep. Completely unaware of the horrible nightmare that was to come.

Bill's POV

Why me? Why did I have to get caught up in this mess? Why couldn't Tarek just kill me? I mean, I much rather be dead right now than be stuck with a dumb mortal. A mortal who's friends with the Pines family to be precise. I could just kill her now, and then I would be gone. Or I guess I could wait a few decades before she finally dies. Ugh, why must this be so complicated.

There must be a reason why he kept me alive. I'm guessing I must be important in his plan. But, how? He must have found a replacement. But, I was the only demon who was capable of the job. What was he supposed to do? What was I supposed to do?

I sighed, I might as well get used to this mortal. I have no other choice, and I have no idea how long I would be here. I looked over at Y/N. Yeah, I still know lots of things, but when I look at Y/N, I know there's something more to her than just being a dumb mortal.

No, she wasn't part of the Cipher Wheel, I can tell you that for a fact. She's part of something much much greater than that. It almost disturbs me.

I sigh, tomorrow's a new day.

A new day of hell.

{Alright, I tried. Look, I honestly didn't know how to write Bill. But I have a plan and I'll make it work...maybe. Sorry for it being so short. It was kind of last minute. The next chapter should be out on Feb. 1, next Saturday. See you guys then.}