No Expert On Gardening But Definitely One On Gossip

Începe de la început

“I don't know what it is. My mom and Dot were so good with plants but I fail completely but I do appreciate a garden. What I wanted to ask all the time since we got here, is the fountain on the front lawn still intact?”

“It is as far as I know but to avoid damage through freezing, it's turned off during the winter months.”

“I get that.”

“Is there anything special you'd like to have in the garden?”

“I'd like plenty of roses and peonies. They're so pretty to paint. But I'd leave that to a professional gardener. What about you?”

“I know as much about plants and flowers as about mundane restaurants, so...”

“I see. Are these stables there at the back?”

“Yeah, our family always had horses.”

“I hate to say it but your family has definitely been living up to quite every rich family cliché.”

“Not only us. According to multiple opinions it's amazing to discover Alicante on horseback even though you might need a ladder to get onto it.”

Clary attempted to jab him in the ribs but Jace dodged her.

“Well, at least that horse won't have to fear to collapse under that heavy ego it has to carry.”

“But to be honest, it would be nice to show you around. You have never seen that much of Alicante.”

“That's true.”

“So, that's on our bucket list for one of our next stays here.”

“I'd really like to stay here more often and regularly when we have the time. I enjoy here and I know, you do too.”

“I'd never thought, I'd say this but it's comforting to know where I'm coming from.”

“I don't know if it's only because of your grandmother but all the time Izzy and I stayed here, the name Herondale is still being used with reverence.”

“That doesn't bother you?”

“No, I thought, it would. To be honest I couldn't care less. Jace, I love you regardless where you come from. I would have said yes to you no matter if you had been a Wayland, Lightwood or Herondale. As nice all of this here is, it won't change the way I feel about you. I'm home wherever you are.”

“Does that mean you seriously consider to live here with me?”

“When the time comes that we'll definitely need more space than we have at the institute, yes, we'll move here.”

They portaled back to Brooklyn the next afternoon. Since Clary had heard some gossip, she wanted to know more about, she knocked on a door.

“Clary, you're back. We all had thought, you had already moved.”

“Very funny, Jonathan. I wanted to ask if you'd like to accompany me to a small shopping trip.”

“A shopping trip? Why do I feel like this is only a cover up for something else?”

“Okay, you got me. I heard some interesting gossip, I'd like to have confirmed.”

“What kind of gossip?”

“Oh, come on. Some little birdies told me you had quite a lengthy and diverting conversation at the party with one female guest.”

“There is nothing to tell.”

“Yeah, sure. I've seen photos. Come on, you join me while I need to buy some painting equipment and then you can tell me all about your non flirt.”