Ch 20: Gold and Black

Natsu POV.

Right back up in the morning I was back to training Erza and the others. Juvia helped me since she knew more than the others did. It wasn't even close to even a tiny bit of the knowledge needed but it helped. I guess...

It's been weighing on me for a while now. Everything that I've worked to till now. Everything and everyone I love. It will all be destroyed with one wrong move. Up till the incident. My father was just messing around, but if he truly means that he's done with mercy. Lord pray that we aren't all killed in one measly roar.

Which is why I'll have to take care of him. One thing I never got though was Wendy. She surprised me when she entered dragon force she was able to keep up with my swift movements. Maybe she might be useful. She claims her mother was the Sky Dragon Grandeeney. The sister of the siren dragon Sirena. So this might be interesting. I'd have to train her a lot more though. Then I still have Erza and her new armor to deal with.

Erza charged at me with a yell and brought down the sword on what she thought was my head. Nope. I swiftly moved to the side and watched her fall forward with the blade. "Too slow." I kicked her down to the ground and kicked the weapon away from her reach. Too easy for me. I held her down under my foot and increased my weight slightly so it was harder for her to get up. She squirmed a little before going limp in defeat.l

She looked up at me in utter shock. I could tell I was evil grinning from the look on her face. She seemed scared. Terrified i dare say. "You will never catch me off guard." I spoke in a serious tone. I felt her tremble under my weight. Part of me enjoyed it. Feeling the fear of someone strong. It just feels so good.

NO!

I pulled back off of Erza. She staggered to her feet and grabbed the weapon of the ground her breathing was shaky, but she stood tall and turned to fight. I felt sick. That shouldn't cross my mind anymore. Yessss it ssshould. My head whipped around. I looked around, but there wasn't anyone there. You can only hear me. You cant sssssssee me. "That makes no sense!" I randomly yelled.

Silence.

I felt embarrassed. The blood rushed to my face as I saw everyone's eyes were on me. It wasn't to unusual but still. I looked down at the ground to hide my red face. What had come over me? Thats when I saw it.

A shadow. My own yet not at the same time. It had a white mouth that was flat like the rest. The way it set was just like a crescent across it's face. It was my shadow for the most part. Except that it was accompanied with wings, horns, and a tail.

Well isn't this interesting.

The voice spoke rather clearly. It was obvious i wasn't dreaming. It was direct. Commanding even. Yet instead of putting me at ease. It did quite the opposite. It made me feel fear. I stared down at it. It almost seemed to be enjoying this. It's my shadow! It cant enjoy things! It's just the absence of light!

Exactly Natsu. I am the absence of light. I am the darkness. The darkness inside you. That has always been a part of you.

I felt extremely sick. This presence... I have felt it before. Images, flashing through my head so fast. Gold. Black. Light. Darkness. Everything you could ever want becomes nothing at all in the end. Blood, the sickening smell of blood. The feeling of it running down my hands, my face, my chest. Everything feeling like it once did. Anger, hatred, pride, lust, and more. All those feelings towards humans came rushing into me all at once. It felt like when I saw mother die.

Gold

Black

Gold

Black