Ch: 7 Fragile

I watched as she smiled at me. She had the same strawberry sent that Luce had, but she wasn't the same. Then I saw something shocking. Walking down to her side, was my father. His cape blew back in the wind. He wore a smile on his face which shocked me more then anything. Taking the girl's hand gently. She looked up at him and smiled.

The image flashed again. This one shocked me more then the last. The world was burning. Several mages lined up with a golden haired one in the front. She had the celestial keys on her belt. I looked to my right to see my father crying. Crying over the pink haired woman's body. She laid limp in his arms.

I looked back at the celestial mage "Acnologia, you've grown soft." She spoke with a slight mocking tone. My dad didn't look up. He didn't stop crying. What's wrong with him?

I watched as the Celestial mage stood there with a victorious smile on her face. "You," my eyes snapped back to my father. He gently set down her body and stood up. "You took the one I cared for the most" he said in a low tone. Then looked up at the celestial mage. "Anna Heartfilia." He looked at her his marks went black. "Natsu" I heard a voice say. Then again I heard it "Natsu!"

I snapped out of it and was back in Luce's room. She was standing right in front of me. "Your crying!" I felt my lips part a little in shock. I touched my face and sure enough. My fingers were wet. I quivered slightly. 'No I can't show weakness,' I was cut off by warm arms wrapping around me. "It's okay Natsu. Please don't hate me for this. It's okay."

I couldn't show weakness. That's what I was always taught. Yet, this girl has shown me time and time again that it's okay.

Time skip to whatever the town's name was again

Lucy POV

We set our bags in our room for the night. It wasn't easy getting here. So much for it not being far away! I sighed to myself and looked over to see Natsu out on the balcony eyes wide. I quietly walked over to see what was going on. Our balcony went all the way around the circular building each floor was a different room in the hotel.

I peered out into the town square to see what he was staring at. In the center of town there was a large soot colored statue. A statue of Natsu's father, Acnologia. It was huge! Not quite life size, that would be almost impossible. How did we miss that!? "Does he really have a heart as you say?" I asked. I probably shouldn't. It's none of my business. He groaned in annoyance and looked over at me.

"He does to those he truly cares about like me and my mother. That's how all dragons are Luce." I looked up at him, now realizing how much taller he is. His mesmerizing black eyes stared into my soul. I felt a small blush creep onto my face. Where did that nickname come from! "I-I'm going to go to the library for a bit" i said awkwardly. He looked at me with curious eyes. "Library?"

I stopped dead in my tracks. He doesn't know what a library is?! I grabbed his hand and pulled him harshly down the hall. He growled slightly, but I just giggled. "Come on Natsu, I just want to show you the Library. I went to the large area where there was just shelves after shelves of just books. My eyes sparkled as I started dancing around happily. "This town has one of the oldest library's ever!" I said with a squeal. Natsu just looked at me like I was insane.

I climbed one of the latter's to go into the fantasy story section. I watched as Natsu sat down on one of the red couches bellow and reached his hand into the air and a book came right to him. He gently placed it in his lap and began to read it. I smiled at how careful he was being with it. It might not seem like much, but I couldn't help it. I still remember when he first came. How angry and scared he was. It was terrible for him.

I went to step up on the latter. Then I looked down. It was a long way down. I gulped and took another step, but my foot slipped and down I went. I screamed in terror as I fell. My heart wanted to break out of my chest. I was terrified.

Just as I was about to hit the ground I closed my eyes and braced for impact. "Natsu help!" It was a final thought. Then I felt warmth around me and I flew sideways. I opened my eyes. I was fine. I was sitting on the floor and Natsu was hugging me closely. It was completely dark. He was panting like crazy. He held me so close I could hear his heart beat. It was going faster then mine was when I was falling.

The light was back. Natsu had his wings around us. I looked at him and smiled "thanks Natsu, wahhhh!" I was pushed over onto my back Natsu on top of me. He was looking down at me. A furious glare in his eyes. "Don't. Ever. Do. That. Again!" he hissed. It kinda scared me, but i felt happy that he cared. "You gave me a heart attack!" he began to yell. "Do you think that it's funny?!" Now I was scared. " YOU COULD HAVE DIED!" he screamed.

I closed my eyes, shaking from his yelling. Then I felt something wet on my cheek. Again andagain. I opened my eyes and looked up. Natsu had such an unstable expression on. What shocked me the most. Was that he was crying.

His tears came dripping right onto my face. He slightly sobbed. I was in utter shock. I sat up and hugged him close. He buried his face in the crook of my neck and just cried. He was normally such a cold boy, but now I see. I smiled. He's just as fragile as the rest of us.

Thank you all for your continuous support on this story. I really do appreciate it. I was thinking of just discontinuing it, but you all seem to like it so I guess I'll keep going. Thank you all so much. Happy Holidays!