𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

chapter twenty-five
' monologues with ultron. '

           "JUST TRY NOT TO DIE, Y'KNOW?" I cut off Steve before he could give the whole 'if they hurt you hurt 'em back, if they kill you, walk it off' speech

           "JUST TRY NOT TO DIE, Y'KNOW?" I cut off Steve before he could give the whole 'if they hurt you hurt 'em back, if they kill you, walk it off' speech. As iconic as it was, we didn't have time for that.

      "We need to start evacuating civilians immediately. Wanda, Thor, Banner, Stark, Jacob-you're with me. We're going to find Ultron. Everyone else, go help as many people as you can." Steve ordered, removing his shield from his back.

"Where do we take them?" Clint asked, looking around at the burning buildings and surrounding destruction. "There's nowhere to go!"

"Actually," I interrupted, "There is. Nick is on his way with Hill and the Helicarrier. I just called in a favor-and some backup. He and Phil will be here soon."

Trip whistled. "What I wouldn't give to have Fury as wrapped around my finger as you do."

  "Don't say that in front of him or you may find yourself wrapped around something unpleasant-like a pole dangling off of the Empire State Building."

         "He can't do that."

   "Okay, whatever you say, but-" I was cut off when Steve cleared his throat pointedly. "Sorry. Now everyone get to work, now!"

      Tony shot into the sky with Jacob not far behind and Steve immediately jumped off of the roof.

"He's such an idiot," I sighed, shaking my head in disappointment. "Y'know, someday you're going to wish you had a parachute!" I yelled down after him.

    "Shall we?" Pietro smoothly offered me a hand. "I can carry you down if you would like."

I shrugged. "Why not, I guess."

      In the blink of an eye, we were standing on the street. "See you around, Printesa."

I let out an amused laugh as I unholstered my gun. "I'm too old for you, Speedy." He was too far out to hear what I said, but I had a feeling he wouldn't have been listening even if he was close enough.

"Madi!" Jacob's voice exclaimed from my comm.

"J? What is it?" I replied anxiously, pressing my back against a building and raising my gun, ready to aim.