𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

chapter twenty-four
' a flaw in the plan. '

           "I HAVE A PLAN

           "I HAVE A PLAN." I announced to the team quietly through our comms.

"This better be a good one." Clint grumbled. "I'm not dying like this."

             "Someone did not have their coffee today. Anyway, we need to grab the cradle and get the heck outta here." I paused before adding as an afterthought, "Does anyone have any ideas of how to accomplish that?"

        "We need a diversion." Jacob suggested from across the laboratory. I watched him from the corner of my eye as he shot a group of sentries with his repulsors.

       "Pietro should do the honors of sneaking that thing out of here. Thor, Wanda, Barnes, Romanoff, Howard, and I should distract Ultron and his legion. Rhodes, Triplett, Stark, Kennedy, and Bruce should help Pietro and get back to the Quinjet. Worst case scenario, they're the best chance we've got." Steve said determinedly.

     "Aye, aye, Captain!" I gave him a teasing salute and leapt toward a cluster of sentries. "Jacob, watch out for Trip."

"Hey, I don't need a babysitter!" The S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent protested indignantly. Bang bang. Two more robots feel, from the air. He may not have needed a a babysitter, but he was going to have to put up with one anyway.

      "Just follow your orders, Triplett, don't make me pull rank!"

   "What am I supposed to do?" Clint interjected, notching an arrow and aiming at the legionary Ultron was currently possessing. "No one said my name!"

     "Just...just fly the plane, Clint!" I hissed before Steve could say anything.

"Protect the body!" I exclaimed in a louder voice. "We can't let it fall into Ultron's hands!"

"Speaking of my body, it was thoughtful of you to begin its creation for me." Ultron jeered as the sentry he was currently possessing flew toward me. I thrust one of my batons into its robotic chest and watched with mild enjoyment as it shook with the electricity that surged into it.

His voice piped up from the body of yet another robot. "I couldn't have done it without you, Agent Howard."

"Nice try, Tin Can, but it's not for you. Didn't your mother teach you not to take things from other people? Oh, wait..." I trailed off before shrugging. Another robot body slammed into me and I grunted. "Lose some weight, will you?"