𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

chapter sixteen
' 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘳𝘴. '

     "HOW WAS YOUR RUN THIS MORNING?" I asked Steve, who had called me during his flight to a mission with Nat

     "HOW WAS YOUR RUN THIS MORNING?" I asked Steve, who had called me during his flight to a mission with Nat. I was glad that they had become closer within the last two years than they had in the movies.

      "I met this veteran, a guy named Sam Wilson? Didn't you say I was gonna meet him?"

   "Yep. He's a great guy. Also, some advice for your mission; don't jump out of the plane without a parachute, please. And if a bad guy tells you to fight him without your shield, don't listen, okay? You've got nothing to prove to anyone-especially not him."

     "You sound like you're speaking from experience."

   I laughed. "You have no idea."

       "Enough about me-Nat wants to know how things at the Academy are going."

    I grinned and said excitedly, "They're going well! Tell her that I took down my combat instructor! He's got nothing on her-or you."

"That's great, kid." I could hear the pride in his voice. "Stark tells me that they're missing you back at the tower."

      "I miss them, too! In case I forget, can you let Tony know that I'm going to visit my dad before going back to New York? I want to visit before Thanksgiving."

"Sure." I heard someone calling him in the background. "Rogers! Let's go!"

        "I gotta go, kid. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

  "Good luck, Steve. You and Nat stay safe." After I had hung up, I leaned back against the headboard of the bed in my dorm.

The Academy was quite the experience, but hearing Grant Ward's name mentioned like he was some kind of legend was sickening. Other than that, I wasn't regretting my decision to attend the Academy for the past two weeks. Fury had made my transfer into the school as seamless as possible and no one had to ask twice why I had enrolled last minute. My slight fluency of Russian had thoroughly impressed my peers, and weapons training was pretty beneficial. My aim had improved a lot in the past few days. Tactical Training was a pain in the butt, honestly, but it still gave me a thrill.

      The only thing I felt bad about was the fact that Jacob hasn't come with me. I was getting all the experiences while he was getting all the boring stuff. To be fair, he had managed to hack into Stark Industries the other day, and he and Tony had also been working on a bunch of technological projects. He had a legitimate internship.