𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

chapter five
' they're kids, anthony! '

      "I LOVE MY DAD, BUT CAN RDJ ADOPT ME?" I asked Jacob as we exited Robert's private jet

  "Sure, I'm down. Just send me the papers," Robert interjected from behind us.

      I mentally face palmed. "I, uh-"

He laughed. "Come on, kids, the car is waiting."

      We approached a silver Ford Transit that seemed very...unlike Robert.

"Where's the iconic Audi?" Jacob asked, reading my mind.

     "Well, I though it would be more practical to get a car with more seats since I've got to chauffeur you and Madi, Evans, Stan, Mark, Mackie, Holland, Gregg, and who knows who else." Robert replied.

"If it troubles you that much, we could walk." Jacob commented with a grin.

    Chris joined in, "Yeah, Downey, we wouldn't want you to miss out on a chance to show off your car to Tony Stark."

Mark choked on his water and Anthony clapped him on the back. "Don't die on me, man."

"I mean, I do need the exercise," I added with a shrug.

    "Same here," Tom chimed. I sent him an unimpressed look and then we burst into laughter. He knew just as well as I did that he didn't need the exercise at all.

    "Okay, we get it, you're smart a...alecks." Robert chose the family friendly term when Sebastian shot him a stern look. "Now get in the dang car, it's a forty-five minute drive."

  Ⓐ Ⓐ Ⓐ

     "Hey, I need to talk to you." I whispered to Clark Gregg, who was sitting beside me. I had requested that he sit next to me on the drive to Avengers tower.

"Sure, what's up?" He asked with a warm smile.

      "Well, before we talk about the serious stuff, I just wanted you to know that Coulson is forever my favorite S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent and it's crazy that I got to meet you. It really hurt me when you died...sorry, I went off on a tangent." I interrupted myself when I realized how hard I was fangirling.

        He chuckled. "That's very kind of you. But okay, let's be serious now."

"Sorry. I wanted to ask: you do know the Battle of New York just occurred?"