02

They had been driving for a while and now they were driving on a road that was in the middle of no where

"Are your parents okay with you spending all this money?" Jack asked Sara and Seth, snapping Mason and Maria out of their thoughts.

"We have previously agreed upon our financial deal. If your concern is our guardian and-" Seth spoke before being cut off by Jack.

"My concern is that I have two kids in my cab, with a big wad of cash, and a drop off zone pretty much in the middle of no where. Now in my book, that's a little chapter called running away" Jack explained to them.

The twins looked at each other before glancing at Seth and Sara.

"Jack"
Maria jumped at the radio sound.
"You better be getting desert miles on that fare. And they better be able to pay. And you better get me an ETA!" The man spoke earning a roll from Mason's eyes.

"Excuse me ma'am" Mason said cheekily to Sara as he leaned over and grabbed the radio.

"Losing Reception" Mason said before slamming back into its original place.
He sat down in his spot and made eye contact with Sara who was watching him. Mason gave a little wink at Sara making the blonde blush slightly and look away.

Mason paused and Sara read his mind.

"Jack Bruno the vehicles behind us are indicating a pattern of pursuit" Sara stated as the four kids all looked out the back window.

There's no vehicles following" Jack began before watching Maria point at the back.

He glanced up to the rear view mirror and spotted the black vams approaching.

"At our current rate of speed versus theirs, they will overtake our vehicle in less than one minute" Seth explained.

"Relax kid!" Jack said.
"I'm just gonna let them pass!"

Marias eyes were glued onto the black vans as she felt anxiety slowly rise.
Mason watched his sister carefully.
Lets just say the two didn't have quite a good memory with those familiar black vans.

Jack slowly stepped on the brake so the car would slow down to let them pass.

"Open road people! All yours" Jack wound down his window and waved at them to pass.

A black SUV drove up next to them and stayed there for a moment before overtaking them.

"What did I tell you?" Jack said, looking at the kids.

"Jack Bruno!" Sara yelled, holding her hand out.

The black SUVs that remained behind the hit them in the rear, sending them into a spiral turn.

"I said i was out and I meant it!" Jack groaned.

"Who is Mr. Wolfe jack bruno" Sara quizzed.

"How did you know-" Jack was cut off as the car jolted forward.

Jack looked over and saw Maria who was bent forward and holding her chest, her breathing seeming irregular.

"Mason grab your sister!" Jack ordered so Mason reached forward.

"Maria, come on" Mason spoke softly to his panicked sister.

Maria undid her belt and stepped into the back, Mason pulling her and moving over to let Maria sit in between him and Sara.

Sara undid her middle seat belt and placed it over herself and Maria.

Three black suvs had surround the cab, slamming into them. Jack sharply turned the wheels, hitting the suvs, stepped on the breaks and rammed into the other suv.

"Jack Bruno it appears we haven't eluded them" Sara warns.

"What?"

"We're still being followed!" Mason translated as he held his sister tightly. She was still curled up, her anxiety getting the best of her.

"Stay Down! Stay down!" Jack ordered and all the kids immediately obeyed.

Maria and Mason glanced the Sara and Seth when hearing Sara whisper.

"Seth no. It's not a good idea"

"I have to try" Seth replied.

"It's too dangerous" sara tried to convince her brother but it didn't seem to work.

Seth then slowly disappeared through the seat and Sara glanced at the twins who seemed more surprised positively than shocked.

The three kids looked out the back window and watched as Seth got up from his knees and stood strongly.
When the car collided with Seth's body, the twins gasped when only the car broke apart.

Sara turned around and placed out her hand quickly, the car jolting to a stop.

"What now!" Jack groaned thinking the car was broken.

Sara's hands moved swiftly as the car began to reverse before she stopped it just before the broken SUV.

"You four okay?" Jack asked them.
The three looked at each other cautiously.

"We're..." Sara began when Seth appeared in the car again "fine" he finished.

"We should just...keeping moving" seth suggested as he huffed but Jack instead got out of the car and approached the SUV.

Mason took this opportunity to face Sara and Seth.

"You two are obviously not from here based on your device and abilities" Mason stated as Maria had finally calm down.

"Neither are you" Sara replied calmly earning a confused glance from his brother.

"That is correct Sara and Seth I can feel your confusion" Maria said in a quiet and soft voice.

Jack then got back into the car making the kids all turn to him quickly.

"We will explain later" Mason whispered before facing the front.

Her started up the car and drove away from the scene.

"I'm sorry for getting you all involved" Jack apologised. Maria could feel how bad he felt.

"There is no need to apologised Jack bruno" Sara said and mason had to keep his mouth shut tight when he saw the look seth was giving Sara. It was the basic look of a sibling wanting to tell their sibling to shut up.

"You are not always the one who is to blame" Sara reassured the man who seemed slightly confused. Maria turned to her brother, just feeling the happy buzz radiating off of him.

"But the urgency of our trip has not decreased" Seth said abruptly.

"Look don't worry. I'll get you two where you need to go" Jack said.

"You've earned it"