|7|

—I know that I'm wrong didn't wanna keep you holding on

"I'm sorry (Y/N), but I'm just not ready. I wouldn't be able to treat you the way you deserve. I can't hold up to the standard of love that you might believe in," Kakashi sigh as his heart broke on its own.

"That doesn't matter. We can work it out," she pleads, holding onto his hand tighter, not wanting ever to let go.

"You deserve someone ready to give love and to accept it themselves, and...that's not me," he said, standing up once more, but he let go of her hand and placed his on her cheek.

"I'm not going to let you hold onto a man like me. I'm not deserving of you, and you are so much better off without me," he explains, staring into her unforgettable eyes.

"That isn't true, Kakashi," she whispers as her heart began to sink.

"I may be wrong right now, but in the state of mind that I'm in, I wouldn't be doing us any good," Kakashi continues, and he placed his forehead on hers as they both shut their eyes.

"You choose if you want to wait for me or if you want to move on. I only want what makes you happy, but right now, I'm just now in a position to be with anyone," he said, trailing his hands down to her hips, grabbing them gently. His words said one thing, but his body said another.

"I'll wait," she whispers, pushing herself closer into him. Her eyes closed tightly, trying to keep herself from crying.

The Nara trailed her hands up to his mask. Pulling it off slowly, Kakashi doing nothing to stop her. Once the mask was off, he gently began to kiss her. It was a slow kiss neither of them wanted to let go, yet Kakashi pulled away, slipping his mask back on before she could see him.

"I have to go," he said, moving away from her as she slowly opened her to watch him leave.

"Goodbye, Kakashi," (Y/N) said her voice filled with complete sadness.

He looked back at her once more and smiled just to vanish without a word.