|5|

—wanna keep you till the sun goes down and more

After a somewhat eventful weekend, the trio went back to work. The Nara was in the female anbu locker room, adjusting her gear and equipment. While the other two got ready in a tensioned filled locker room.

"I don't understand how you'd let (Y/N) get so drunk," Kakashi spoke while shutting his locker.

"It wasn't my intention," Itachi said while grabbing his equipment.

"She got pretty sick that night," his captain mentioned while placing his mask on.

"It happens when you drink too much," Itachi spoke sarcastically as he also placed his mask on. They both made there way out and saw the Nara waiting at the end of the hall.

"Hey, you two!" she exclaimed while waving at her two teammates. They finally gathered as a group, and Kakashi goes on to explain their mission.

"Just another escorting mission, we'll be watching from above to make sure that everything runs smoothly," Kakashi clarifies his voice was cold. Though you couldn't see it, the Nara wasn't too happy. She was tired of all the simple missions they've been getting, but she knew if she would go on and complain, she would be scorned.

"What's the danger? Why do they need us there?" the Nara asked, wanting to understand her purpose in this mission.

"We are entering outskirt villages who could possibly attack the chunins in charge. These ninjas are dangerous and could overpower our ninja," Kakashi answered her question, and from there, they all scattered. They spent hours looking from above, making sure everything was running smoothly.

"I'm going to scope the east side to see if anything suspicious is going on." the Nara said, vanishing after. She gracefully scoped the area jumping from tree to tree. The Nara then decided to slow down onto a tree, and out of nowhere, a kunai was placed inches from her neck.

"Well, doesn't this feels like dejavú," confidence radiates from her voice.

"Well, to me, it feels like a snagged myself and anbu... one with a nice body," he spoke, his voice was low and filled with bloodlust. His hand trails on top of (Y/N)'s curves, and she began to boil with anger.

"Don't try anything looks like we got you outnumbered," he spoke again, and the rest of the crew came out of the trees.

Five in total, I got this! She thought and placed her captor in her shadow paralysis jutsu, and in a blink of an eye, she grabbed his kunai and smashed it into his lower back, the man screamed in agony as he fell from the tree.

She quickly lunges herself further in the forest. I can't take them to the others, I have to end them one by one. She thought, and her mind was mapping out how she was going to do so.

At this point, Kakashi was getting worried about her ongoing absence, though there was no real reason to these ninjas were no match for (Y/N). She swiftly knocked them out one by one and tied them up, leaving them to die.

"How sad! You guys really underestimated me," she spoke with a smug smile on her face, of course, it wasn't visible due to her mask, but you could hear the smugness.

"I don't know about that," one of the ninjas scoffed, and suddenly a stinging sensation blew through the side of the Nara's knee. Causing her to collapse onto the ground and to groan in pain. She tried to stand herself up, but she was knocked back down with another kunai gliding into the side of her shoulder. The sixth ninja jumped in front of her and laughed at her position.

"I mean, do you think you can take me down that easily?!" she yelled, trapping the last ninja in her shadow strangler jutsu. She forced her self up to look at the scums before her. Letting her shadow choke him slowly, yet she was bleeding out too much. Her chakra was low, but with every last fiber of her body, she let him go and slit his throat. With that, she decided to end the lives of the rest.

***

Her body was hardly able to keep its self up as she struggled to reach her team. Kakashi heard the Nara and quickly turned around. Once the two made eye contact (Y/N)'s body began to collapse, and before she could fall any further, Kakashi quickly caught her.

"I think I got most of the threat," she mumbles, barely able to stay awake.

"Itachi, you can handle this I'll send reinforcements," Kakashi said as he felt his heart sink into his stomach. He held her fragile body that was oozing blood, making him zoom through the trees as fast as he could possibly go.

If it were different circumstances, he would never want to let her go.