1 (Moving to Jasper 🗺️ )

Published 1/25/20

"Yes Storm ill be just fine, you know me," I told Storm through my phone. A wide smile spread across my face seeing nothing but open road in front of me.

"I do know you! That's the thing that has me worried" Storm mumbled the last part.

"Hahaha I'll be fine, I'll call you when I get to Jasper," I told her, starting to speed my 2011 zenvo st1(car above)  up. Looking in my rearview mirror watching as dust flew up leaving a large cloud in my wake.

"What made you want to move to a town in the middle of nowhere anyway?!" She questioned.

"*sigh* I've been needing time on my own. I'm 21 now, I wanna see the world. " I lied knowing full well she can tell im lying.

"Uh-huh, ok now that you got that lie outa the way, why not tell me the truth now" she demanded a smile clear in her voice.

"Ok fine, I've been feeling drawn here. It's like it's calling to me. Like I have to go there, and if I don't im gonna regret it" I finally caved in telling her.

"You always have been one strange kid" she laughed.

"I'd rather be strange than normal" I smirked.

"You truly are your parent's daughter, I'll let you go, I gotta meet up with Logan in 20. Be safe dear and if you need me, call" she told me very seriously at the end.

"Ight storm, thank you, say Hi to Logan for me and that I miss him. Bye love ya" I called out to her through the phone. Hearing her chuckle.

"Love you too dear, be safe. Goodbye," she said before hanging up.

I close my eyes and let out a deep sigh. Before slowly reopening them and focusing back on the road.

It's true that I came all the way from England to America just to move to Jasper, Nevada. A small town in the middle of nowhere. The closest City is hours away and all that surrounds it is open sand and mountains.

It's always hot and dry. Not exactly my favorite combination. But for the last couple of years, I've been drawn to this small town. Like something's been calling out to me. I've tried to ignore it but I can't anymore so I decided to buy a small house and move to Jasper to find out what's going on and what's been calling me.

A small green sign on the left side of the road caught my attention on in was big bold white letters that said "Jasper".

Guess im here. Letting out I sign. Feeling nerves starting to spark up.

This is it, Lizzy, no going back now.

" alright Jasper, show me what secrets you hide".