CH. 34

CH. 34 (Emmett)

In the months that passed my wife had done beautifully with her animal diet and her eyes were now a glowing honey color.

Our children had grown significantly and even though it hurt knowing that their time as children was limited, it was still remarkable to knowing that I had achieved having children.

I never thought I would be able to have a kid none the less three.

My beautiful wife had provided me with that amazing gift.

I cherished my little family and sadly we were all on edge since Red had opened Aro's valentines day gift.

Alice had her mind wide open as she searched the future of our children and Red and she also had her eye on the Volturi to make sure she could see their every move.

She saw that Rosalie did not betray us as we had originally thought, no much to my own stupidity I had revealed so much information about my children and wife unthinking.

It was my fault that Aro was able to touch Rosalie's hand and find out all about us.

We saw that on her return to Volterra Rosalie even went so far as to wear gloves and not come into direct contact with anyone other than her husband.

Now we all awaited Aro's next move.

We had already contacted everyone who had attended our wedding.

All of our friends were already on their way up here to stand with us in battle as we take on the Volturi one more time...We all knew that this time we would HAVE to fight.

Carlisle and Jasper alongside Elezar were helping Red with her special gift.

It turns out that Carlisle was right. As a human Red had this ability to bounce back others gifts.

If Edward tried to read her mind, he could only go so far before she did something and then he ended up hearing his own thoughts.

Same with Jasper, every time he tried to help her with her emotions she would reverse it and he would feel the emotions he was trying to send her.

Alice could see her future just fine though and Kellan could speak to her telepathically with no problem.

We all knew that there was still one person who's gift we hadn't tried on Red, I just don't know if I would ever be ready to try that.

No sooner had I finished my though, Kate came and sat next to me on the back steps.

"You know we need to try." She said.

I knew her words were true, we needed a direct attack to see if Red could do the same thing with Kate's electrical shock currents.

If Red COULD reverse Kate's shock waves And send them back to Kate, causing Kate to ultimately shock herself, then Red would be able to make everybodies abilities echo back to them.

"She's a projector, that much is true, but what we need to see is how strong of a projector she is." Kate tried to explain.

I had heard it all already.

I let my head fall into my hands as I further let myself try and figure out reasons against letting her do it.

"Come on son, with Bella's shield and Elle's projection there is no way the Volturi could beat us without using brute strength. And there isn't anyone strong than you nor more versed in the art of war than Jasper." Carlisle tried reasoning with me for the last time. "I honestly don't see how we can't win, but what will cripple us is if one of those pillars is taken down," he said finishing.

I looked up and saw everyone looking at me, but the one pair of eyes I locked into were the only ones that mattered.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked her and no one else.

She was smart and she knew me, she kept her eyes locked onto mine never once wavering. "Yes, it couldn't hurt to try baby. Plus if I can't project Kate's gift then she will stop before it becomes too painful or Bella will shield me."

I nodded then stood up.

I hooked my arm around her small waist and kissed her luscious mouth. When I pulled away everyone got serious again.

Kate stood on one side of Red then Bella the other.

"I'll start off small. You should feel an annoying tingle." Kate said.

"Consentrate." Jasper demanded.

Red nodded indicating she was ready.

A few minutes later Kate stood straight up again. "She sent it back to me." She said with a smile.

We all smiled and I applauded my wife.

"Ok, I'm gonna amp it up a bit." Kate informed.

Red took a deep breath as she closed her eyes then nodded.

Almost as soon as Red had nodded Kate fell to the floor.

We all knew she had sent it back to Kate.

"Alright final test." Kate said dusting her butt off. "My strongest dose of electrical current."

I could see it in her eyes that she was a little nervous even though she wore a brave face. She nodded gingerly.

A couple of minutes passed before anything happened.

But then everything happened at once.

Kate fell to the ground like a board. Her body was stiff and her eyes bulged a little.

In an instant it was gone.

"I've Always...Wondered...How That. Felt." Kate replied breathlessly.

"How did it feel?" Bella asked curiously.

"Horrible, it was like all of my muscles had been stretched to capacity and I couldn't move, like I was paralyzed. Then it felt like the same stretched muscles were going to rip as a wave of heavy vibrations set in. All of my insides were coiled tightly and shaken roughly. The combination was unbearable." Kate explained.

"We'll let you rest up, thank you Kate." Carlisle said.

"C'mon Katie, lets go home for a while." Garrett instructed as he ushered her away with a little worry.

"I have no doubt in my mind Elle could easily take on Jane an Alec and give them a big ol' taste of what they've been dishin' out." Jasper said enthusiastically. I couldn't help but smile at them.

We were ready, whenever they were.