CH. 33

CH. 33 (Elle)

Two months had passed and we found ourselves getting ready to celebrate Valentines day.

"I need to go to the store." I said as I peaked my head into Alice and Jasper's room.

"Ahh a women after my own heart." Alice purred.

"Yeah well the kids want some of those cartoon valentines day cards to Hand out to the family, and I still need to get Emmett a gift." I informed her.

"Well I can help you there, your going to get him his fathers old pocket watch." She said knowingly.

"Oh Alice, that is perfect!" I said excited. "But where am I going to get it."

"Well his great great nephew just passed away and he was the holder of the watch, you'll just have to pretend to be his great granddaughter in law." She suggested

"Eww gross Alice."

She rolled her eyes, "oh Elle, we do it all the time when we want to meet a relative. Plus when Rosalie turned Emmett they just took off, there was never a funeral for him." She said.

I knew what she said was true. "Well when is the funeral?" I asked.

"This weekend." She said glumly.

So we set off to the store and began planning a "weekend getaway."

A couple of days later I was kissing Emmett goodbye.

"Hurry back Babe." Emmett said pretending to pout.

His action made me giggle, he's so adorable.

"I promise I'll come back as soon as Alice lets me." I said, "take care of our babies my darling."

Alice and I got on a plane and headed to Emmett's hometown of Gatlinburg Tennessee.

"Today is the will reading, remember I will be acting as your attorney. So make sure you call me by my married name." Alice instructed early the next morning.

I gave her a look with one eyebrow raised Indictating I had no idea what her married name is.

She giggled "Mary Alice Whitlock."

I nodded in understanding.

About an hour later we were hopping in a taxi and we left the hotel.

I called Emmett to check in on him and the kids, he let me talk to each one of them and then after many "I love you's" from the triplets I finally hung up.

"I'm homesick already." I admitted sadly as we drove to the lawyers office.

i was wearing a black dress in honor of the deceased.

"Oh God Alice, only you could make a pantsuit look smart and chic." I complimented her as I was seeing her outfit for the first time.

She beamed, "thanks I was a little worried I would look overly drab." She wore fake glasses and accessorized her outfit with red alligator skin briefcase.

We pulled up to the lawyer of the family's office, there was a bunch of women there and a few young men.

They looked at me questioningly but no one bothered to talk to me.

I felt like an outcast but Alice whispered "you belong here just as much as any of them do." I nodded and sat down.

When the lawyer finally walked out of his office he spoke "please come in and we will begin the reading of the will."

I cordially waited as the blood relatives of the deceased man went in first.

I was making my way through the door when a brunette women with horrible eyeshadow on turned to me and smiled, "I'm sorry but this is closed to McCarty family members only." She said in a too sweet voice.